Presale Code Info & Issues South America (Updated Dec. 9th)

• Community Moderator

Disappointed! Outraged! We believe that doing the full signature of U2.com would guarantee our tickets in the presale.

That's not the case and unfortunately is a common misconception... having a subscription only guarantees that you can participate in the presale.
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

ritadiasss']Disappointed! Outraged! We believe that doing the full signature of U2.com would guarantee our tickets in the presale.

That's not the case and unfortunately is a common misconception... having a subscription only guarantees that you can participate in the presale.

But do not warrant the purchase of tickets. And I, as in 2006, I have no ticket and geographically disadvantaged because I live in Rio de Janeiro, not in Sao Paulo.tired.gif[/font]

• Community Moderator

Hello everyone!!

My girlfriend and I are so excited to know that another U2 tour it's up to arrive at the End Of The World!!! But there are some concerns...

Last time U2 performed in Chile we had to struggle one entire night & day staying' on the street making a huge line to get a place on the Inner Circle... even when we are long time U2.com members and we also support The One and RED campaign, there was no other way to get that privileged location than being there 24 hours prior the show and stay waiting for a chance to get first...

This time we received from U2Chile.net some information that there's a "RedZone" that is way more expensive than the rest of the fields locations... it's supposed to be next to the stage, but so far seems that doesn't assure a place inside the 360 inner circle...

Are we obligated as loyal fans to queue outside the stadium for one or two days prior the gates opening to assure a inside stage location?

Any answer about will be very welcomed.

Anyways for us any sacrifice in order to experience this show from an on-stage location worth’s it, but does someone know how it’s going to work? We don’t want to spend US$800 and not be sure to get the most of it.

Being in the inner/golden circle is as you arrive and it has been this way in every concert in this tour.

Having a U2.com membership doesn't guarantee a spot there.

Here a schematic plan of the red zone:

5c95911b.gif

(this is not for the Chile concert, but it will help to give an idea where the (RED) Zones are located)

The tickets for the (RED) Zone are expensive but because there's a reason: all proceeds are to be donated by U2 members to several charities... In Europe, the United States and Australia, these tickets were sold via auction... in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Chile these tickets have a fixed price.

• Subscriber

Thanks Atomic Bomb for the aclaration, was very helpfull but, still 2 doubts:

1. Can you get in the inner/golden circle with just a field ticket or red tickets has preferences?

and

2. If you have a (Red) ticket, that means you can arrive just few minutes before the show and have your location guarrantied? is there another privilege on it?

• Community Moderator

Thanks Atomic Bomb for the aclaration, was very helpfull but, still 2 doubts:

1. Can you get in the inner/golden circle with just a field ticket or red tickets has preferences?

With a field ticket you can get to the inner/golden circle.

The  (RED) Zone ticket is *only* for the red zones in the map...

2. If you have a (Red) ticket, that means you can arrive just few minutes before the show and have your location guarrantied? is there another privilege on it?

Yes, you can arrive a few minutes before the show and you will be in the (RED) Zone.

Here's a list of what people got from another concert:

Packages include:

- Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts

- High profile General Admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runway

- Built-in seating for pre-show comfort

- Access to special concession and merchandise stand

but you need to check the info in the local ticketing system...
  • Subscriber

Max many thanks for the attention, I followed the  instructions U2.com, the problem is really with the seller of tickets, just clarify one thing to me, the site ticketforfun.com.br said it was the U2.com who ordered the use of CPF (Brazilian identification code) as code for tickets buy and not the subscriber code. Is this really true? Because if you tell me it's not true I have argument there to request my tickets or my money back.

Best regards,

Alexander
  • Community Moderator

Hi Max,

A simple question. In U2.com website, it says that the presale will start at 10 am this friday... Is it Brazil's local time?

Thanks

yes... it is Brazil local time...

Ok. That was the answer from my dear michael campbel:

lice,

You are in fact in Group C “Boots†which enables you to receive up to 3 presale codes per tour. You can only receive a new presale code if you renew your membership early for an additional year. There are 2 Sao Paulo dates that go on sale Friday December 10, 2010 so you have a full day to prepare.

As for why you did not “receive any email about the second night in Sao Pauloâ€, the U2 site is often updated before any news notification is prepared as the language of the news update must be approved by the band & management.

Please direct further customer service issues relating to your U2 membership to the customer service form on the Contact Us page or orderhelp@u2.com.

OK; u2.com did NOT answered me... And I'M member since Mar 3 2009. IN FACT in the FAQ is saying:

Q - Can you clarify who can renew, how many times, and how many additional codes you will receive.

A – Yes. Subscribers are allowed one presale access code per the term of their subscription. Subscription terms are:

1. Horizon, Boots, Breathe – joined prior to Sept. 24 2009 7AM GMT

2. Magnificent – joined between April 17, 2009 7AM GMT and Aug. 21 2010 7PM GMT (2PM CDT)

3. Cedars – Joined after Aug. 21 2010 7PM GMT (Group 2 presale code begins with 3U2E...)

For example, If you are in the Horizon, Boots or Breathe Groups, you can now have up to 3 presale access codes. If you are in the Magnificent group, you can have up to two presale codes. If you are in the Cedars group you can have up to one presale code.

Q - If my current subscription began before the August 2010 announcement of additional tour dates (Saturday 21 Aug. 7PM GMT / 2PM CDT) and I now wish to renew that subscription, the additional 12 months will be added to the term of my current subscription and I receive a new presale access code enabling me to buy up to FOUR tickets in presales for any further U2360 shows?

A - Any current U2.com subscriber with a valid presale access code can participate when ticket presales take place. If your subscription began before the August 2010 announcement of additional tour dates (Saturday 21 Aug 7PM GMT / 2PM CDT), and you now renew it, you will receive an additional presale code to use in presales for any further U2360 shows. Click here to renew now (you must be logged in to renew) . If your subscription was taken out after this announcement (Cedars group), and you renew you will NOT get a 2nd presale code.

SO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO WON AT LEAST ONE MORE.

that is NOT fair.