Ireland vs the UK

silkspectre

So I've been corrected (at another website that is a lot meaner than this one).  Ireland is not part of the UK. 

I found this link.  It says that most British people can't even answer that, so I'm not alone.

"Britain is an island, on which are found England, Scotland and Wales. Round its coasts are a number of other islands - the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Isles and so on - and this collection of islands is GREAT BRITAIN. Ireland is a separate land mass. Until Irish independence, the British monarchs ruled over the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. When Ireland finally managed to break away, six counties in the North remained loyal to the United Kingdom, which then became the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_Northern_Ireland_part_of_the_UK_but_not_part_of_Great_Britain#ixzz16tAVMDJ7

I hate it when you make a mistake somewhere and people make you feel like an arse about it.

Hard rock forums suck.  People are so rude.  Never look at their replies.

• Subscriber

Morons!!!

Honestly, if you come across this type of tit again you just politely reply "Ok, thanks for that and by the way i've F*!#ed your Mother. In the event that you'd happen to be a woman, you'd merely change mother for father just so the insult doesn't get misunderstood and that.

It's crude but sometimes ya gotta stoop to the level!laugh.giflaugh.gif

I think the guy must've been Irish.  Otherwise he wouldn't have noticed or cared.  Ireland used to be part of the UK until it gained its independence.  Northland Ireland is still part of the UK, but the rest of Ireland is not. 
Thanks for your kind words Achtung75.

• Subscriber

don get that, why should someone be rude, just cause you didnt know that? i have to explain lots of times that belgian doesnt excists as a language and in belgium, half the nation speakes french and the other half speaks flemish which is in fact the same language as dutch... . whats the point in being offended with people who don know everything bout your country?

btw; hope you're not still mad bout the justin bieber-jokes? lolwink.gif

• Subscriber

it was over in the byebye u2, i'm no JBfan-thread. thought you were a little crossed for that? it was all very innocent, we post silly stuff here all of time, but never wanna hurt someone.

As the person who started the Beiber thread, it was all meant as a joke. And anyone who knows me on here know that I have a little one obsessed with the Beiber and the joke started from there.

And as barbara said - never meant to cause offence - it was light-hearted and fun.

And as for the UK and Northern Ireland etc .... too bloody confusing! But Ireland is part of the British Isles, but only Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

• Subscriber

BTW: I had absolutely no idea who is Justin Bieber before i saw his name here... then I had to google him, because he seem to be very famous here in Zoo too...laugh.gif 

so you have us to thank (or blame) for that!! you're welcome, kert!!

okay, okay, i admit...it was premeditated, have to cope with the bieber ALL day, EVERY day and wanted to pass it on the other zootops, now you ALL know him devil.gifdevil.gif 

• Subscriber

Silk, try not to worry about the mean remark in the other forum because you didn't know everything about the history of Ireland - you've probably managed to live a remarkable and full life just the same, lol, and I doubt that the offensive poster knows every little thing about your country, so there!!!!