Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

my (little) home town.

Very Beautiful Dizzy!!

I have come across references to Swansea before, and was always curious.......

Our hospital has been under renovation and new construction too, Barbara...  it is complicated what with relocating units and beds until the new spaces are completed.  We keep hoping our little pediatric unit will be rebuilt...  but so far it is in the plan for long after I retire!! 

thank you! what do you do in the hospital barbara? this is in the center of swansea the castle underneath is in mumbles! its a great place to live but there are areas which are really run down and you wouldnt want to go there if you can help it!

we like rugby and going to the pub, preferably at the same time and catherine zeta jones comes from here too! great surf in neighbouring gower. we are not english and have our own language (not many speak it) and flag. (that gets us setlists and acknowledged by paul mcguiness!

p267842-Swansea-Swansea_castle.jpgmumbles_1general.jpg

#4317359-The_Mumbles-The_Mumbles.jpg

thats mumbles aka oystermouth!

wikimedia-org-flag-of-wales-2009-02-09_203253_wales-flag-l.jpg

sorry to hear that , nikki. cause it isnt easy to do your work when accomodation is outdated. our unit is in the part builded 6 years ago, that was always refered to as the new part. but when we see the rooms and accomodation in the recently finished units, ours suddenly doesnt look that modern anymore.

So beautiful!  And looks like so much history is right there in your midst........  Would love to travel there to see and experience it all.......

We have had the same experience Barbara...  our unit had a basic redecorating some years ago, but then they built a new tower and the facilities there are amazing.......  our little unit has personality and coziness tho (ha ha, that is just what we tell ourselves!)

So beautiful!  And looks like so much history is right there in your midst........  Would love to travel there to see and experience it all.......

We have had the same experience Barbara...  our unit had a basic redecorating some years ago, but then they built a new tower and the facilities there are amazing.......  our little unit has personality and coziness tho (ha ha, that is just what we tell ourselves!)

come and visit! wheres your pics nikki1120??

really, really amazing pics, sandra! and mr morgan will be so happy to see his welsh dragon-flag on this site! lol!

i work as a nurse on the oncology&lungdisease-unit for 5 years now.
btw, once nikki starts to post pics, i'm gonna be soooooo jealous again. i still have the photobook on my bedside-table....