my (little) home town.

barbara1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I totally agree Cheryl...I was so shown up by them ....the lnguage from that singers mouth made the air turn blue!!!!!!!!no need for that ..did he think he was Jonny Rotten?.....roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

It was the fact that they looked like they couldn't be arsed to be there! Didn't here much of the language - we went outside for a beer and a fag lol!

Hmmmmmmmm well, i've posted lots of pics of the lakes and rivers and landscape around La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada on here before which is gorgeous, but there's no way I'm posting any photos of the town site. It's ugly as sin and has no lovely history such as all of you have shown. Unless you want to see the group of alcoholics who hang outside the Bargain Store, bank and hotel on La Ronge Avenue? :(

• Subscriber

I will post pics tomorrow ...too tired ...musicians from Gasgow include...Simple Minds....Franz Ferdinand..Gerry Rafferty...Jimmy Sommerville.....Fratellis...Lulu..lol!....Mark Knopffer....Travis.....Angus Young..Alex Harvey..Texas ..to name but a few...ol!...oops!..and who could forget(id love to forget(..Glasvegas...roll.gifroll.gifReally hope Max doesnt read this or I'll be banned!tongue.gifwink.gif

omg!! i love lots of these musicians, mary. simple minds (who doesnt like them, right?) and texas ; i love sharleen spiteri happy.gif and jimmy sommerville;  bronski beat and communards always make me wanna sing and dance!! mark knopffer, thats a surprise, never knew him being from glasgow?? him and dire straits: thats sacred history. 

all this from your hometown. respect!

and your bolton looks very pretty, cheryl, no wonder you're so proud to be a boltonlassie. but i liked stafford soo much too.

• Subscriber

Hmmmmmmmm well, i've posted lots of pics of the lakes and rivers and landscape around La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada on here before which is gorgeous, but there's no way I'm posting any photos of the town site. It's ugly as sin and has no lovely history such as all of you have shown. Unless you want to see the group of alcoholics who hang outside the Bargain Store, bank and hotel on La Ronge Avenue? :(
thats sad scoot. how can people live in such a beautiful environment and take such bad care of their town or themselve? but hope you got plenty of time to explore the lakes and woods with the dogshappy.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

badgirl56']I will post pics tomorrow ...too tired ...musicians from Gasgow include...Simple Minds....Franz Ferdinand..Gerry Rafferty...Jimmy Sommerville.....Fratellis...Lulu..lol!....Mark Knopffer....Travis.....Angus Young..Alex Harvey..Texas ..to name but a few...ol!...oops!..and who could forget(id love to forget(..Glasvegas...
roll.gifroll.gif
Really hope Max doesnt read this or I'll be banned!
tongue.gifwink.gif

omg!! i love lots of these musicians, mary. simple minds (who doesnt like them, right?) and texas ; i love sharleen spiteri happy.gif and jimmy sommerville;  bronski beat and communards always make me wanna sing and dance!! mark knopffer, thats a surprise, never knew him being from glasgow?? him and dire straits: thats sacred history. 

all this from your hometown. respect!

and your bolton looks very pretty, cheryl, no wonder you're so proud to be a boltonlassie. but i liked stafford soo much too.

When you come next maybe we can take you to Bolton - and after meeting more people from there you will realise that I am normal!!!laugh.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

kerttuli']ok my pics look little odd... have to try to learn to resize them....

I think your pics are BEAUTIFUL!  and just the right size....  (don't change a thing!)

Seriously, the hole in the ice is for swimming???  OMGosh!  Brrrrrrrrr

Thanks Nikki! Yes some people here loves swimming also in the winter... its called "ice-hole swimming". Never tried myself!! It's good for blood pessure and circulation of blood. But i've heard the water actually feels warm - if the temperature is bout -20 celcius, the water is a lot warmer!