New Years with Bono and Edge

surrenders

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 am (PST)

Bono and Edge are slated to appear on NBC's New Year's Eve With Carson Daly to talk about their involvement with Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. "Sitting down and drinking champagne with Bono and The Edge is on my 'bucket list' -- so getting to do that is awesome!" said Carson Daly.

Let me see if I get this right:  You're all clap-happy that B&E are going on the cheesey soul-killing NYE TV show hosted by a complete music industry tool?  Can't we raise the bar a bit?  (A lot?)  Either B&E are really feeling the flop-sweat with the Broadway thing, and will do anything, no matter how damaging, to hype it, or they're one step from doing guests spots on Jersey Shore

Ah, I do miss the olden times, when the mere mention of Carson Daly's name caused music fans to cringe, clench their fists, and offer concise (and often profanity-laced) critiques of TRL and the supersucky music it promoted.

Or maybe U2 just aren't willing to be interviewed by anyone who won't kiss their ass?

Seriously, I'd rather see Bono (or any of the guys) get a shot at...Oh, how about The Colbert Report

-- eaplatt

• Subscriber

[quote name='eaplatt wrote:

surrenders']

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 am (PST)

Bono and Edge are slated to appear on NBC's New Year's Eve With Carson Daly to talk about their involvement with Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. "Sitting down and drinking champagne with Bono and The Edge is on my 'bucket list' -- so getting to do that is awesome!" said Carson Daly.

Let me see if I get this right:  You're all clap-happy that B&E are going on the cheesey soul-killing NYE TV show hosted by a complete music industry tool?  Can't we raise the bar a bit?  (A lot?)  Either B&E are really feeling the flop-sweat with the Broadway thing, and will do anything, no matter how damaging, to hype it, or they're one step from doing guests spots on Jersey Shore

Ah, I do miss the olden times, when the mere mention of Carson Daly's name caused music fans to cringe, clench their fists, and offer concise (and often profanity-laced) critiques of TRL and the supersucky music it promoted.

Or maybe U2 just aren't willing to be interviewed by anyone who won't kiss their ass?

Seriously, I'd rather see Bono (or any of the guys) get a shot at...Oh, how about The Colbert Report

-- eaplatt

No, actually we were planning a fictional New Year's Eve party. Whatever.happy.gif

But I have to agree with you, the Spiderman musical is becoming quite a headache for both of them...I seriously hope we at least get to hear the songs!

• 2 weeks later...