Angry Europe

Lee62

In know U2 makes a statement for the suppressed in the world and I thank them for doing so.

BUT.... In europe is a extreme right wind blowing....

Can the band please focus on this problem because I think it's getting out of control!

I don't want a Amarican lifestile overhere!!!

(excuses for my BAD english)

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

In know U2 makes a statement for the suppressed in the world and I thank them for doing so.

Can the band please focus on this problem because I think it's getting out of control!

I understand what you are saying. But this is not U2's problem to sort out. As a wealthy continent and a continent were we can move freely and live with democracy it was our choices to vote in the right wing politicians whom are in power at the moment.

I admit that not all of us voted in the right wing parties, but it was our freedom of democracy which brought these people in. The right wing views of some people I do find worrying but we still have freedom - and that freedom allows us to express our views as you have done in your post.

Our problems in Europe are huge at the moment, but are a small drop in ocean comapred to other continenents around the world. We do not suffer from oppression - we don't become imprisoned if we speak out for our beliefs, we have the right to an education - both females and males, and that education is free and opened - and not shuttered so that we only learn what a dictatorship wants us too. We can switch on our laptops and PCs every day and freely read about what is going on around the world and this is not censored at all. If we are sick we can be cured - and even if we have to pay for the medicine we know that it is easily available and we know that the hospital will have certain levels on cleanliness and we will have enough doctors and nurses to look after us in our time of illness. Childbirth isn't frought with danger and death as it is in other less developed countries.

I am not criticising you Lee as I agree that the right wing extremists coming into Europe are worrying. But what can U2 do about this? Yes they can say what they think about all of this but so can we. We have a voice, we can stand up and we can say what we like and don't like. And don't think that your one voice will not be heard, one voice speaking to another person becomes two voices and this continues until your collective voice is heard loud and clear if you want it to be. Bono helps those people who have no voice, whos voices are drowned out by dictators, who's voices are too weak through starvation and illness.

We can standup on our own but only if we are willing to step forwards and speak our thoughts out loud.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Lee62']In know U2 makes a statement for the suppressed in the world and I thank them for doing so.

I understand what you are saying. But this is not U2's problem to sort out. As a wealthy continent and a continent were we can move freely and live with democracy it was our choices to vote in the right wing politicians whom are in power at the moment.

I admit that not all of us voted in the right wing parties, but it was our freedom of democracy which brought these people in. The right wing views of some people I do find worrying but we still have freedom - and that freedom allows us to express our views as you have done in your post.

Our problems in Europe are huge at the moment, but are a small drop in ocean comapred to other continenents around the world. We do not suffer from oppression - we don't become imprisoned if we speak out for our beliefs, we have the right to an education - both females and males, and that education is free and opened - and not shuttered so that we only learn what a dictatorship wants us too. We can switch on our laptops and PCs every day and freely read about what is going on around the world and this is not censored at all. If we are sick we can be cured - and even if we have to pay for the medicine we know that it is easily available and we know that the hospital will have certain levels on cleanliness and we will have enough doctors and nurses to look after us in our time of illness. Childbirth isn't frought with danger and death as it is in other less developed countries.

I am not criticising you Lee as I agree that the right wing extremists coming into Europe are worrying. But what can U2 do about this? Yes they can say what they think about all of this but so can we. We have a voice, we can stand up and we can say what we like and don't like. And don't think that your one voice will not be heard, one voice speaking to another person becomes two voices and this continues until your collective voice is heard loud and clear if you want it to be. Bono helps those people who have no voice, whos voices are drowned out by dictators, who's voices are too weak through starvation and illness.

We can standup on our own but only if we are willing to step forwards and speak our thoughts out loud.

Absolutly!...Democrazy is really far of being perfect, but we chose our representation, I don't like it either, but if the right is winning, there is a whole society behind those ideas, and, we have to respect them. We can discuss, set our position and try to convince others about why our position is better, but then, everybody votes. It's great to see what is really better from another countries, still not losing the whole forest. U2 can't change the world, but I feel they speak for me most of the time, that's great, they do it, specially Bono. I don't agree with him about everything, but I feel good about my voice in his voice most of the time and I'm grateful for it.

Well said Zhivvy, that's the way it is here in the U.S. so I'd like to know what Lee62 means by saying he/she doesn't want an "American" lifestyle over there. At least in Europe if you lose your job you still have health coverage, we don't here unless you pay out the eyes, ears and nose for it.

• Subscriber

i agree with zhivvy.

me too. ofcourse i don know your life, lee, or your problems. but we have a rather good life in our part of the world, and i'm not gonna repeat everything what zhivvy said, but that summs it up quite well.

and life isnt perfect, it never is. we have a great, comfortable life in belgium, but still find things to complain bout.... cause our governement makes stupid decissions too. but in the whole complex of life, its just a detail.
but if you come back to discuss it all, we're hear to listen to your arguments!

• Subscriber

Well said Zhivvy, that's the way it is here in the U.S. so I'd like to know what Lee62 means by saying he/she doesn't want an "American" lifestyle over there. At least in Europe if you lose your job you still have health coverage, we don't here unless you pay out the eyes, ears and nose for it.

But you have great weather.!!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

surrenders']Well said Zhivvy, that's the way it is here in the U.S. so I'd like to know what Lee62 means by saying he/she doesn't want an "American" lifestyle over there. At least in Europe if you lose your job you still have health coverage, we don't here unless you pay out the eyes, ears and nose for it.

But you have great weather.!!!!

that all depends!