How to pull it all together in one day

wahine

Seriously. I have never had a Christmas like this. I went out at the end of November bought all my daughters Christmas Presents and shipped them off to Chicago. I thought nah, I will get everyone else's later. Uhhh, it is the Sunday before Christmas I haven't bought anybody anything, I don't have a tree up, no lights anywhere, and I haven't sent out any Christmas cards. I HAVE NEVER SLACKED LIKE THIS BEFORE! So today is my day, I will get it all done in one day, uh huh LOL, I don't even know where to begin to find a metal detector that works in our beach sand (I was told it has to be a specific one) my son keeps stumbling upon treasure from the 1715 fleet that went down off our beach. I don't know why it's showing up now but he is all over it. Actually, now that I think about it, I want a cut of that Spanish treasure if he finds more with the gift I give him. Off to boost the economy and spend money!

I'm not quite as far behind as you Wahine, but for some reason I've procrastinated terribly this year and haven't finished shopping and still putting up a few directions. A lot of distractions this year so haven't been able to focus on just Christmas.

Good luck with getting everything done today and hope your sons treasure hunting turns out to be very lucrative.

I'm not quite as far behind as you Wahine, but for some reason I've procrastinated terribly this year and haven't finished shopping and still putting up a few directions. A lot of distractions this year so haven't been able to focus on just Christmas.

Good luck with getting everything done today and hope your sons treasure hunting turns out to be very lucrative.

• Subscriber

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat. We have the tree, finished the decorations a couple days ago, but have only a few little presents, need a bit more, need to bake cookies, etc., etc., etc. This is a tough Christmas for us for a variety of reasons, but we are just focusing on the important things and the rest will get done, or not, lol. Merry Christmas!!!!!

• Subscriber

Ah, I know how the frustration of being behind preparing for Christmas is. We've recently moved house and the person who last owned it REALLY didn't look after properly (in the 30 years she owned it, she didn't do anything to it). So we've been having our heating done over the last few weeks which really doesn't give us much time- and now all this snow's flumped down on us!

I will say that I have done some shopping but have been overly cautious about my spending. I have put it all on the back burner and am not sure what the whole Christmas plan is for me or even for my family...do I still need to go shopping or do I just let it unfold until Christmas day? I have spent more time with getting myself together for this Christmas season and God, I am thankful that you have been looking out for me all this time for miracles to happen for everyone...I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Very Joyful New Year filled with Peace and Harmony, but most of all the Holy Love of God...Amen :)