Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voxare

On stage with Bono

What a fabulous story and so happy for you!  From now on you're one of the few people on the planet that can say Bono laid his head in your lap and serenaded you happy.gif

I loved this part:

"And then he turned me around to watch the screen for the space station and I was thinking 'I've already seen this, I want to watch you Bono'. One of the guys from the crowd laughed at me later because he saw me snatch a look at Bono while I was suppoed to be watching the screen - I just couldn't help myself."

Who wants to look at a screen when Bono's holding onto to you! 

Lmao - exactly!

Wonderful Em, you gave us a moment, very nice. I love your story, you share every feeling, it really touched me, I could cleary imagine being in your place, his eyes, his eyes...must be a very intense feeling being around him.

Congrats....I hope it will be me when they are in Argentina in march. Like you I have red zone ticks for the first show, and field for the second.

Was definately very intense looking into his eyes. He has such an amazing presence.

Good luck with Argentina- I'm sure you will have an amazing time no matter what.

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

surrenders']

OMIGOD! That's incredible, what a lucky ducky you are Voxare, I am green with envybanana_smiley_10.gif

(Btw did you catch Larry's eye by any chance?! If so, please report back!! LOLwink.gif )

I'm sorry - I so�should have loooked around at the rest of the band but I was competely enthralled by Bono- didn't have eyes for anyone else :) 

Emily, I filmed the whole thing, the view is from the front of the ring. I will get around to getting a copy on here for upload.

It looked amazing!! You are one lucky girl!! The slow dancing on the bridge.

Don't have words to say how cool it was.

I didn't introduce myself but I was in the GA lines both days too. I regret it now, I could have shown you the video then.

Very very cool.

That would be awesome - I would love to see it - thanks! It would have been great to meet you - but I understand - there were a few people I recognised in the GA line but I was too shy to introduce myself to them. Maybe next time :)

What an amazing story! It's almost as though it was your own private concert, just you and Bono, loleek.gif

Lmao - it definately felt like that. Felt like he was just singing for me (completely ignored the 60000 other people there tongue.gif)

Emily, I'm shy, I went to two concerts alone, and I have met some wonderful people in line. I'm glad you did too ! I am very happy for your experience and I hope you have many more with U2. I don't think my stage fright would ever allow me to go onstage, and I don't think everyone at the concert would want to hear me sing. If you are next to me at any concerts this summer, I will point to you if he asks me to come up onstage. I watched the video, and I think you did a wonderful job. I am VERY happy for you !
Thankyou - I don't think I had a chance to get stage fright - I was completely unaware of all those people out there. It felt like it was just me and Bono :)

OMG it was you wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo i cannot believe it was you until i saw your user name lmao - we met in Melbourne and i kept thinking in Perth i know that face but by that time was sooo tired after all the shows i just kinda sat on my arse in the line and didnt do much at all - bad me for not saying hello to you in the line I remember you saying in Melbourne that you wanted so much to go to Perth, wow bet you are so over the moon you did it - soooooooooo happy for you, the look on your face when you first sat down was priceless

amazing

Thankyou so much Leonie. I did recognise you in Perth but I was a bit to shy to say hello - sorry! Was definately the best decision I ever made to go to Perth!

Just cant stop coming back and reading this!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif..and wel done to the 2 weans who went up as well!..Ive just read that!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif..Proud Mum!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thankyou everyone for all your kind comments. I still can't believe how awesome everyone has been.

Here are some of the pics that people have shared with me - I really hope that don't mind me sharing them on here - I am so grateful that people captured that moment for me :)