hows your snow?

dizzybint

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

White and we are getting 6 more inches today topped off with a glaze of ice by morning. Another snow storm moving in Thursday with large accumulations and high winds. We will definitely have a white Christmas this year! Merry Christmas to everyone!

You must live in my neck of the woods Beth, northern Illinois? I have the same weather forecast, but only got about 2-3 inches today, more to come Thursday. Snow wise, this winter is already better then the last 2 we've had. Hope I don't eat my words in the next 2 months.

• Subscriber

No snow for me. There's been plenty of rain, though. It's been raining here for days. It might stop for Christmas and then start up again soon after. At least that's what I heard last time I watched the weather report. 

• Subscriber

We've got about 40 cm so far of permanant snow, meaning this snow won't melt until April of next year, and it's beautiful blue white and sparkles like a billion diamonds of many colours when the sun shines, love it!

It would seem that Europe is getting the type of winter that we in the northern parts of Finland have every year, except we're much better prepared, you won't see news about any one in Finland getting stranded in the snow!!

• Subscriber

White and crunchy underfoot this morning (it snowed again during the night) but it's melting already and should be slushy by the end of the day....

I don't mind snow when I'm skiing but this slushy stuff really brings me down mad.gif

• Subscriber

I think you're right on that Celebrian. I expect to the outside world we must come across as wimps but we're not used to this kind of weather here, not for many years, we are not equipped!  Our infrastructure breaks down very quickly, it's odd to watch everything turn to chaos so quickly and you soon realise how well many other countries cope and the need for change and investment to be better prepared.  It is treacherous and icy, so dangerous to walk and drive in and just more grit and salt could prevent so many accidents. It's frustrating.

Archived