question on 360 themes

celticfc09

• Subscriber

this site is really messed up... for the second video.

few songs capture the love song to the universe/milky way thing Bono loves better than the Fly. the video shows the milky way that they love to have at each show.

plus these are two of their most rockin songs, which is what we want....

why are they not getting played?

• Subscriber

few songs capture the love song to the universe/milky way thing Bono loves better than the Fly

why are they getting played?

Really? I'm not sure I've understood you correctly, I suppose you want to ask why they are NOT played.

I don't think The Fly (a song I love) has anything to do with a love song to the universe, rather the contrary The Fly is an ironic song talking about how little we know about the universe and how much pretentious the human being can be. Last Night On Earth tells me about living the moment without worrying about the consequences of our acts and without any faith. 

They are very good rocking songs, but I understand they can't play always the same songs, they played The Fly in the Vertigo tour for example, I would like to listen to some live Pop, but no setlist is going to satisfy every fan, I like this year's quite a lot, but if I had to choose I would take last year's just because I love The Unforgetable Fire, No Line On The Horizon, Breathe and Unknown Caller (and no, I'm not a recent fan, I've been following them since 1985), but I don't complain, they are still putting on the best show on Earth, if I want to listen to some other songs, I have enough recorded material, and I loved the surprise spot last summer when we didn't know which new song they were to play, listening to so many songs being debuted in a single tour has been a treat for the fans. 

From my point of view, the best thing fans can do is attend the show and enjoy it, because it is great.

Last Night On Earth...I'm not sure. I guess UTEOTW just beats it out when it comes to picking songs for their setlist.

The Fly...apart from the Popmart Tour, it's been played on the other tours, ever since it was released.

The "What time is it in the world?" thing should be followed with 11 o' Clock Tick Tock.

• Subscriber

few songs capture the love song to the universe/milky way thing Bono loves better than the Fly. the video shows the milky way that they love to have at each show.

why are they not getting played?

The Fly is a must in every tour, so I would expect it to surface anytime soon...as for Last Night on Earth, I'm dying to see it live again, and they need to resurface it, that little bit of POP that could appear every now and then in setlists.

The same goes for my personal whim: Gone. I am perplexed that this awesome song doesn't get played at all, and that they chose Stuck in a Moment, which we had heard before this tour, over Gone to remember Hutchence.