The snow even hinders Bono and Edge

Zhivvy

• Subscriber

Just read this - so funny!!!!

Bono and Edge forced to take the train home

Belfast Telegraph,December 21, 2010

By: Ken Sweeney

Sometimes 'you can't make it on your own' -- so U2 escaped getting 'stuck in a moment they couldn't get out of' yesterday thanks to Irish Rail.

Passengers travelling on Iarnrod Eireann's 14.20 train from Cork to Dublin were astonished to find themselves sharing a carriage with Bono and Edge.

Jetting back into Ireland from the latest leg of their world tour in Australia, the U2 stars were forced to land in Cork after Dublin airport closed.

With roads hazardous due to snowfalls and ice, the group's singer and guitarist contacted Irish Rail to reserve first-class tickets on an early afternoon train from Cork to Dublin.

"As far as we understand Bono and Edge had been delayed and had spent 36 hours travelling from Perth, Australia when they were diverted to Cork.

They contacted us and we were delighted to have them as passengers on Irish Rail yesterday," said Barry Kenny of Irish Rail.

Sources claim that stunned passengers on the 14.20 train leaving Cork yesterday initially mistook Bono and Edge for members of a U2 tribute act.

But they realised their mistake over the course of the journey.

© Belfast Telegraph, 2010.

• Subscriber

I saw this myself - HAHA.

I wish I was on that train. That would have just been incredible.

Me too - can you imagine being in that carriage!!! Would make train travel sooooo much better!

• Subscriber

I've been wondering about whether U2 had made it safely back to Ireland, after hearing about Dublin airport having to close down! No mention about Larry or Adam?!

maybe they didn't fly straight into Dublin

• Subscriber

let's console ourselves by thinking maybe it was really this guy

LUKE-EDGE-U2-2.jpg

with this Bono-not

244219808_ddf1147996.jpg

These are the tribute i went to see the other month!!! - pretty good!!! Have some pics of them!