What Do You Eat On Christmas?

kerttuli

• Subscriber

On Christmas eve, we usually have soap and sandwiches, but on Christmas Day Prime rib is on the menu along with the usual holiday trimmings.

This year, I'm thinking about making cupcakes to celebrate Christ's birth,but the catch is before the candles on them are blown out, the participant has to make a wish that benefits someone else.

soap? which soap do you prefer, illum? with fragrant? pine?tongue.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

illumination70'] On Christmas eve, we usually have soap and sandwiches, but on Christmas Day Prime rib is on the menu along with the usual holiday trimmings.

This year, I'm thinking about making cupcakes to celebrate Christ's birth,but the catch is before the candles on them are blown out, the participant has to make a wish that benefits someone else.

soap? which soap do you prefer, illum? with fragrant? pine?tongue.gif

Oops, I should've said SOUP instead but you know how it is during this time of the year, increased work hours, Holiday preparations and no time for a spell check LOL!!!

All the families here in the south of the USA (at least the ones I know) pretty much have the same thing. It's usually a big ham with all the fixings with okra, brussel sprouts, corn breads to pumpkin pies and cajun side dishes. It's always the same.  Seriously, ever since I was a little girl, it's turkey at Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas.

All the families here in the south of the USA (at least the ones I know) pretty much have the same thing. It's usually a big ham with all the fixings with okra, brussel sprouts, corn breads to pumpkin pies and cajun side dishes. It's always the same.  Seriously, ever since I was a little girl, it's turkey at Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas.
i love corn bread and black eyed peas! I;m not southern, but at imes, I cut down on meat and black eyed peas have lots of fiber and protein to make up for meat....

and, as my name says, i love cajun, and just aboout anything hot and spicy!!

In our family, we do different things each year. More often than not, we have some sort of beef - prime rib, roast beef. One year we had pasta, and another year we made different types of soups. There was even a year where we had Chinese take-out. 
ive heard of the chinese take-out thing as well, and it sounds really good! I think chinese might be the only place open on christmas, and sometimes, dont we all get sick of turkey and ham? or at least we need a break from all of the cooking and preparing....and chinese is a nice break!!smile.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy']Glad you still use the apple/cranberry pie recipe Spicy - it is a good one!

In England it is turkey (for the meat eaters) but other birds such as duck or goose is becomming popular too.

mainly - roast turkey with stuffing, little sausages wrapped in bacon, roasted potatoes and parsnips, carrots (i have them mashed with swede or turnip) cauliflower cheese, mashed potatoes, always need sprouts (bleuuurgh) and gravy.

Desserts would be things like Christmas pudding, chocolate log (made one the other week will post a pic later), apple pie etc... with either cream ice cream or custard. Also christmas cake - heavy fruit cake covered in marzipan and icing. And mince pies - made with sweet mince meat

And you need to have your christmas crackers too so you can pull them and wear the hat inside!

never realised there were hats inside?!

zhivvy, can I get your cheesey califlower receipie?

• Subscriber

Much the same as Zhivvy for me. That is of course if I can get out to the English shop this morning! Still snowing and conditions are not driver friendly at all!

Christmas crackers, don't forget to mention the really bad jokes in them!

I'm not sure about starters though this year. Family tradition has it that I'll serve smoked salmon but I'm a bit sick of the stuff so might serve seared scallops on pan-fried black pudding slices (sound weird but it's fab). 

On Christmas eve, we usually have soap and sandwiches, but on Christmas Day Prime rib is on the menu along with the usual holiday trimmings.

What a great idea having cupcakes, or a birthday cake.  You could always just act as his surrogate apostles and blow them out yourselves tongue.gif

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

wahine']All the families here in the south of the USA (at least the ones I know) pretty much have the same thing. It's usually a big ham with all the fixings with okra, brussel sprouts, corn breads to pumpkin pies and cajun side dishes. It's always the same.  Seriously, ever since I was a little girl, it's turkey at Thanksgiving and a ham for Christmas.

i love corn bread and black eyed peas! I;m not southern, but at imes, I cut down on meat and black eyed peas have lots of fiber and protein to make up for meat....

and, as my name says, i love cajun, and just aboout anything hot and spicy!!

My daughter is fanatical about her cajun roots and family recipes, she makes the best food!!! My grandmother use to love black eyed peas, those were her favorite. You would be right at home here!