What Do You Eat On Christmas?

kerttuli

For tonite, we're havin honey glazed ham (we always hav it, it's my uncle's favorite!) chive mashed pottatoes(i made them myself, not to brag but they ARE amazing lol!), cranberry relish, asperagas( one of my whole family's favorite veggie), creamed corn( another favorite of the family, it's always on the table for Christmas dinner.), sweet potatoe cassorole( one of my dad's favorites) and for dessert, my aunt's home made chocolate prezel cookies (they are SO delicious! :) )

Merry CHRISTmas!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall have family and friends come over tonight, tomorrow thru Friday too.

I am working in the kitchen, preparing the Christmas dinner for the family. For the next three days, we live in a festive mood. I am cooking, A huge Pigs leg in the oven right now, Um I can smell the wine in it,, chosen by the boys. Its not a meal if there is no meat for them. Potato salad, maccaroni salad with eggs, and beets in pink color;  a home made Salad, yellor rice with Guandules, empanadas with ground meat inside, Sausage in sauce; Desert, a cheese cake, coffee, wine, IRISH CREME Liqueur, gingerale for the man to toast with mix of liquor, I tell you, there is nothing like celebrating life, Christ and the gift of ones family and friends. Bono is the icing on the cake. God left the best for last.

A movie to watch together.

A prayer together before the meal. Music, merengues, bachatas, U2, Raulin Rodriguez music, Juan Luis Guerra y 440 music, Johnny Ventura merengues, Rolling Stones, and Christmas songs to hit the nail on the head, the Most important reason we are celebrating, the birth of our Christ, the one who was, is sinless, a perfect sacrife to atone for our sins. We must remember God above all things, God always first, then my family and the Prince, then my friends, and the world.

Much the same as Zhivvy for me. That is of course if I can get out to the English shop this morning! Still snowing and conditions are not driver friendly at all!

Christmas crackers, don't forget to mention the really bad jokes in them!

I'm not sure about starters though this year. Family tradition has it that I'll serve smoked salmon but I'm a bit sick of the stuff so might serve seared scallops on pan-fried black pudding slices (sound weird but it's fab). 

for appatizers, we just heated up some gormet frozzen stuff like mini quesh, rasberry-brie puffs, and parmasien brushetta. also, we had shrimp and cocktail sause, and cheese and crackers! yum!

Merry Christmas to all my Zootopian friends.  You are valued more than you know or can imagine. Thank you for sharing this forum with me and the world. I pray that God grants you all those things which you so desire and may peace reign in your homes, your family, lots of love and health. May 2011 showers all of you with joy, hope, peace and success in all your endevours. A toast to all of you.

Realmawake

• Subscriber

Nut roast for me!! Hairy Bikers version, with all the normal traditional bits. Lots of roasted root vegetables and loads of Delia's bread sauce and spiced red cabbage.........umm starting to feel hungey.

Tonight, made a pan of mulled wine and some mince pies,

I will be cooking a turkey and a joint of ham for the meat eaters

• Subscriber

Nut roast for me!! Hairy Bikers version, with all the normal traditional bits. Lots of roasted root vegetables and loads of Delia's bread sauce and spiced red cabbage.........umm starting to feel hungey.

Tonight, made a pan of mulled wine and some mince pies,

I will be cooking a turkey and a joint of ham for the meat eaters

I've just made a lovely veggie dish for tomorrow - a blue cheese and fig tart with walnut pastry - lovely!!!

• Subscriber

My family didn't celebrate Christmas when I was growing up so not sure of traditions as such but hubsy now tends to cook a roast dinner usually goose, we had  turkey for the first time last year and this year we are trying lamb, he does all the trimmings such as roast potatoes, parsnips, sprouts etc This year I made a Christmas pudding for the first time with a friend and we'll have that with brandy cream.  Hubs is quite a  fan of Jamie Oliver these days and has made some lovely roasts for Christmas the last couple of years.

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

illumination70'] On Christmas eve, we usually have soap and sandwiches, but on Christmas Day Prime rib is on the menu along with the usual holiday trimmings.

This year, I'm thinking about making cupcakes to celebrate Christ's birth,but the catch is before the candles on them are blown out, the participant has to make a wish that benefits someone else.

What a great idea having cupcakes, or a birthday cake.  You could always just act as his surrogate apostles and blow them out yourselves tongue.gif

Yeah I decided to put a fun-twist on Jesus' Birthday and since my nephews/niece love blowing-out candles, it will be a win,win situation!!

• Subscriber

For tonite, we're havin honey glazed ham (we always hav it, it's my uncle's favorite!) chive mashed pottatoes(i made them myself, not to brag but they ARE amazing lol!), cranberry relish, asperagas( one of my whole family's favorite veggie), creamed corn( another favorite of the family, it's always on the table for Christmas dinner.), sweet potatoe cassorole( one of my dad's favorites) and for dessert, my aunt's home made chocolate prezel cookies (they are SO delicious! :) )

Merry CHRISTmas!!

wish i was at your table, zooropa! sounds delicioushappy.gif