Orlando Airport was MAYHEM tonight!

wahine

A friend of mine flew in from Costa Rica and I had to go into the airport to pick him up and my God, there were tens of thousands of people freaking just stuck! The arrival/departure board was horrific looking with all the cancellations, flights from the islands in were even cancelled I was told there are no planes. As I was on the way to the airport they came across the radio with a public service announcment to avoid the airport that they had just cancelled an additional 100 flights. For the most part, everyone was doing OK from what I could tell but there were so many little kids (Disney) that were laying all over the place. It was mental. This blizzard is gnarly up the coast! It's gonna be a long time before they clear out that crowd!

One of those rare blizzards for sure. 29 inches in northern New Jersey! 2 feet north of NYC, more then 18 inches in Boston. More then 5,000 flights cancelled around the country. I'd hate to be stuck at an airport for 2 days or more, good God. Airports are open now and things are starting to move.

One of those rare blizzards for sure. 29 inches in northern New Jersey! 2 feet north of NYC, more then 18 inches in Boston. More then 5,000 flights cancelled around the country. I'd hate to be stuck at an airport for 2 days or more, good God. Airports are open now and things are starting to move.
trying to sleep is really hard, but at least youre safe with all of the security these days....

did you hear about the subway train in NYC that goes to and from the airport? it was snowed or frozen into an inability to move...

surrenders, the people had to wait on the train for 9 hours!!

up on the tracks...no food, water---no bathroom!!!

I hope they had heat, good god!!