New Year's Resolutions?

Anjana

• Subscriber

I know New Year’s Resolutions again! I told myself not to make any, I rarely stick to them andset myself up for disappointment as the list on my memo board stares at me throughoutthe year primarily undone = guilt! Buttoday I’ve started to give it somethought again and have a few general ones I’d like to at least try:

to just do things that make me feel happyand not pay so much attention to those who disapprove and not feel guilty about their disappointment in me!happy.gif

not to procrastinate quite so much (I hadto think about whether to put that one in LOLlaugh.gif)

to get jobs done today and not keep leavingthem for another day (an annoying trait of mine!tongue.gif)

Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions?

• Subscriber

I'm like you in that I do tend to break my resolutions fairly quickly, lol . . . . . okay, I have a few

1. Give myself permission not to be overly concerned about the little things in life that really don't matter like housework - this is held over from last year and I'm still working on it, although have made progress.

2. Reduce stress - see above, lol.

3. Do at least one fun activity as a family each month - like bowling, whale watching, take a bike ride or a walk, bake cookies, etc. This is something that we have always done and I want to make sure that we keep it a priority 'cause sometimes husband's intense job hours really make it difficult.

4. Excercise more - will help with number 2 above and I'll probably sleep better "))

• Subscriber

Nice one Janette, I know what you mean, I told myself not to sweat the little things anymore too, I seem to have become a worrier about everything and everyone and it's tiring!

Looks like another resolution thread has been started up since we posted these so this one maybe short lived...but I'm not gonna sweat it a-ha!! LOL!laugh.gif