Cee Lo: Danger Mouse is 'wrapping up' U2 project

MacFoley

• Subscriber

At the risk of over-analysis, this seems like good news: Cee LoGreen says his Gnarls Barkley partner, Brian Burton -- AKA Danger Mouse-- is "wrapping up" a project with U2. He says it in a Wall Street Journal article about celebrity new year resolutions:

I also just brainstormed with BrianBurton [aka producer Danger Mouse, his partner in the band GnarlsBarkley] and he's wrapping up the U2 project.

If you're looking for any bit of info about U2's album plans and thechances of a new album sometime soon, that seems to be good news. Backin October, Bono first let it slipthat U2 had "about 12 songs" they were working on with Mouse ... err,Burton. There are separate album projects said to be in the works,including one with will.i.am producing. You can keep track of it all onour new U2 album page. (thx to @U2 forum member CherryYouDanceWithMe for the tip)

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

surrenders']I'd like to see Songs of Ascent released first

Either that, or that rock album they were talking about.

how does anyone know if its not either one. its more unlikely to be songs of ascent, but eno and lanois are supposedly working on no line outtakes (which sounds like SOA to me) and the dangermouse album could be the rock one.

this leaves william, who sounds like the one working on the "dance" album.

• Subscriber

I can't wait for any of them ;) If Pop does turn out to have a 21st century "sibling", that would be awesome. Great album. I'm most excited for whichever one is the rock album though, I'm thinking that's Songs of Ascent.

• Subscriber

I can't wait for any of them ;) If Pop does turn out to have a 21st century "sibling", that would be awesome. Great album. I'm most excited for whichever one is the rock album though, I'm thinking that's Songs of Ascent.

you know i dont see SOA being the release. I think theyve started to focus on the rock album much more, written after 2009 tour and during the injury. Glastonbury is probably on that album. SOA, tho, probably has Mercy NS and EBW, which I would love to see released. If we can't have both albums, hopefully theyre smart enough to combine the two. or do the rock album with a SOA EP. 

honestly the dance album concept is frightening to me. I wouldnt call Pop a dacne album