Time to retire "UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD"

Zipperboy

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Janette B wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Janette B']I'm the only other one who likes In a Little While, lol, but it's such a shame that No Line songs aren't being heard (with a few exceptions) that I would prefer White as Snow/Winter for a nice change. Miss Sarajevo reminds me so much of the Vertigo tour, so I vote for this switch-up . . . . . shall I phone the boys and let them know our decision?

yep! do it. but i would also tell them in a little while needs to go too!
laugh.gif

but i don like snow..... its the one song i really DONT like. other songs that don do much for me, but this one really gets on my system. and its not growing on me like some people mentioned would happen. the more i listen to the album, the more i feel like skipping it.

but if democracy is coming to the zoo, i will accept the majority's decisiontired.gif
Nah I'm with you Babs, Snow is boring as bat shit.

And in my world, getting rid of UTEOTW is a sackable offence

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Janette B']I'm the only other one who likes In a Little While, lol, but it's such a shame that No Line songs aren't being heard (with a few exceptions) that I would prefer White as Snow/Winter for a nice change. Miss Sarajevo reminds me so much of the Vertigo tour, so I vote for this switch-up . . . . . shall I phone the boys and let them know our decision?

i beg your pardon??? i'm the big IALW-lover!! The Defender Of The Song!!! gave me some strange 'looks' in the live-threads last month, lol!

but i support the idea of new songs brought to setlist. silver&gold, love is blindness, Exit, hawkmoon, dirty day.... and of course: acrobat!

So there's three of us then? eek.gif Sorry, didn't know eyes.gif as didn't make it to live threads on the last leg . . . stupid time zones!!! mad.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

i beg your pardon??? i'm the big IALW-lover!! The Defender Of The Song!!! gave me some strange 'looks' in the live-threads last month, lol!
but i support the idea of new songs brought to setlist. silver&gold, love is blindness, Exit, hawkmoon, dirty day.... and of course: acrobat!

So there's three of us then? eek.gif Sorry, didn't know eyes.gif as didn't make it to live threads on the last leg . . . stupid time zones!!! mad.gif

and if i remember correctly, kert loves the song too! so then its 4, yippie!!!!!

• Subscriber

Janette B wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

So there's three of us then?
eek.gif
 Sorry, didn't know
eyes.gif
 as didn't make it to live threads on the last leg . . . stupid time zones!!!
mad.gif

and if i remember correctly, kert loves the song too! so then its 4, yippie!!!!!

it's a growing trend then!!!

nazhira']No way...

"Until the end of the world" stays !!!

there! naz said it, now move on, next subjectwink.giflaugh.gif

what shows are you goin to, naz?

march 30 and april 2 in Argentina ! Can't wait. Expecting they play UTEOTW, one of my favorites. They didn't play it when I saw them in Dublin 2009, I need this song this time. But they played "Stay", I can't complain then, I fel it was a present just for me.

By the way, how are you doing Barb ? I haven't seen you here for a while...

• Subscriber

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

nazhira']No way...

"Until the end of the world" stays !!!

there! naz said it, now move on, next subject
wink.giflaugh.gif

what shows are you goin to, naz?

march 30 and april 2 in Argentina ! Can't wait. Expecting they play UTEOTW, one of my favorites. They didn't play it when I saw them in Dublin 2009, I need this song this time. But they played "Stay", I can't complain then, I fel it was a present just for me.

By the way, how are you doing Barb ? I haven't seen you here for a while...

i'm fine, thanx! i've been on nightshift... which pretty much means my social life freezes around me. and i needed some time to get back afterwards. these shifts burn me up like a candle. 

but i'm fine again, and home till next thursday!! yippie!! how are you doing, nazh? good to hear your shows are coming closer now, less then 3 months to go! are you goin by yourself? with a friend?

• Subscriber

I don't know... I like UTEOTW quite a lot, if any song were to replace it, I'd say Last Night On Earth. In a Little While I can agree with, good song but eh... Though I'd highly doubt they'd ever drop it on this tour because of the outerspace reference. Miss Sarajevo is a good song, one of my favorite (can't get enough of the live from Milan performance) and I haven't seen it in every setlist of the tour, but yes it's been played a lot recently. I'd like to see Bad and/or Angel of Harlem be played more regularly, even to replace the mentioned songs, or even Stay (Faraway, So Close!). I've also been rather obsessed with A Sort of Homecoming lately, but I don't think they've played that for many years. I wouldn't mind Unknown Caller being dropped, but it's a good "audience song", something for them to sing along with a lot.