What do you think---Ideas for membership levels--

xtraspicy62

should we:

1) Have levels of membership, such as regular, gold and platimum.

2) U2.com could determine the rules for membership levels, such as # of posts, length of membership and so on, kinda like getting credit for "frequent flyer miles"

In America, club membership is a common practice at many stores, where you get points for shopping there and spending money..these points can be redeemed for "prizes" if you will, such as buy one get one free, or get one dollar off an item and more.

Many stores, offer membership in these "clubs" in order to get exclusive emails and/or text messages with "member only", or "insider specials".

so, insider specials, text alerts, rewards programs, special features per level...ideas, feedback??

• Subscriber

should we:

1) Have levels of membership, such as regular, gold and platimum.

2) U2.com could determine the rules for membership levels, such as # of posts, length of membership and so on, kinda like getting credit for "frequent flyer miles"

In America, club membership is a common practice at many stores, where you get points for shopping there and spending money..these points can be redeemed for "prizes" if you will, such as buy one get one free, or get one dollar off an item and more.

Many stores, offer membership in these "clubs" in order to get exclusive emails and/or text messages with "member only", or "insider specials".

so, insider specials, text alerts, rewards programs, special features per level...ideas, feedback??

I guess that this already partially happens - discount after first year of membership and then priority of presales so this could be extended a bit more too and include some of your ideas Spicy. I like it!

• Subscriber

Hmmmm . . . I don't know. I've been a member a long time and I have lots of posts, so I guess that I'd be doing okay under that reward system, but I don't like the idea of "punishing" someone who loves the band, but just discovered them during the 360 tour or who for whatever reason does not post much. For instance, if I do return to work next year, no way will I be around here to post as it simply won't be possible time-wise - I would no longer be considered an "insider" by those standards. I just don't like the idea of excluding fans from fun stuff that supports the band, no matter what their "level". Anyway, the site already determines ticket allocation based upon length of membership. I know you have a really good heart and a positive outlook and would never seek to hurt anyone, but it feels hurtful to the newest fans. Just my two cents . . .

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

xtraspicy62']
should we:

1) H
ave levels of membership, such as regular, gold and platimum.

I guess that this already partially happens - discount after first year of membership and then priority of presales so this could be extended a bit more too and include some of your ideas Spicy. I like it!

yes, the idea is to extend this out a little more, thanks zhivvy.....

I was hoping that live nation would have a program to reward "frequent Rockers", and what not....its just an idea that was inspired by babs....

i love all the insider deals and specials I get from other buisnesses...just was wondering why not Livenation?

was also thinking of you zhivvy and sarahdesiree who went to almost all of the show down under...and was thinking that it would be nice to get cash back if you purchase X amount of tickets...

livenation cash...

that could be used towards the purchase of more shows or merch!!!