AUSTRALIA NEEDS YOUR HELP

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='maggie18patchwork wrote:

Zhivvy']Just seen on the news about the 13 year old boy who let his brother bwe rescued first and then was washed away in the flood waters. Heartbreaking

Very very sad indeed, just can't imagine............ what a brave little boyno words to say....  

• Subscriber

Hi!

It's not because this topic is 'sticky' (front page)  that you can assume things are being done without you. Watch the news and the Oz threads and if You can, Help.

I will however like to bring you back a year to Haiti, it's not a happy place since last year. They do not have our world support.

I know loads of people (well three or four of my cousins + fab Zootops) in Queensland who might be in trouble but I'm sorry let's not forget about the rest of the World; Let's help.

It's an Australian thread, sorry for my 'blabla' I really hope we can help to make it better.

• Subscriber

It's so sad to hear the stories coming out of Queensland.  I've been listening to radio station 104.5 Triple M in Brisbane on-line, and these people are just amazing.  When you hear what they've suffered through and how they are all pitching in to help each other, and even have some sense of humor left, it's just amazing.  We could all learn from the character and spirit of these people.

I have to add that I am ashamed of the coverage this disaster has received here in America, and also by the lack of attention being paid by our government.  I hope the people of Australia understand that this DOES NOT represent the feelings of all Americans, and I'm sure that a great many of us are praying for you and trying to help with donations.  So Hang In There Aussies!!!!

If you can donate anything at all, I really believe it will help somehow..even the smallest donations add up.

• Subscriber

where are they taking donations at? and I will keep Autralians in my prayers too. It is so terrible to see something like this happen its so heart breaking.  Hang in there Australia! Keep safe! I'm praying for you all! 

• Subscriber

It seems like there is slowly more coverage appearing of this disaster in the US news but nowhere near what it should be. Thankfully, it is very easy to donate at the link mentioned above and all amounts are welcome. It takes no time to donate so if you can possibly afford it, do so thumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

"I would like to also let everyone know that the RSPCA also have an appeal running to help thme in Queensland.

Not just for domestic pets, but for the livestock that has been cut off by floodwaters."

http://www.rspca.org.au/h...te/donation-methods.html

Borrowed this from JetsFC down in Aussie thread...should be up here too...

• Subscriber

I have a son the same age and it rips at my soul to think of his gentle final act for his brother. Man, a lightening quick ticket to a better place.

Nikki...I love the U2 quote you picked. All said, my hope is that in some real , perhaps small ways, this makes us all better. We can donate to charity which is good and important and we can try to be creative and offer help in other ways as well.

The Canadian news details events in Brisbane daily and it is a regular point of conversation among everyday people.

I don't know how we make this planet a less complicated place and a place in which we all take true and sincere interests in each others well being, but when you see the acts of bravery and friendship during difficult times you can't help but get the sense that 98% of what bothers us is really quite trivial.

When 'we' put our minds and souls into just being good neighbours ( in a local and intl sense )amazing things DO happen.

Best wishes to All suffering.

The whole southern hemisphere is in trouble. Brazil the floods and landslides are so bad right now, and millions of dead fish washed up right before the floods began there. There are over 400 dead and several missing right now. The people of Australia are in my prayers as well as the people of Brazil and the other countries that are feeling the effects, damages, and loss of life of this global weather pattern. It's heartbreaking.