Antigay Activist Blames Bird Death on DADT Repeal

Zhivvy

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

suee']I think i'm lost for words, words I could put here.

My daughter and I have talked about how some of her school friends talk and think about how they see life and am sad to say are no better....

I know what you mean Sue. But at least we can blame young children's views on ignorance and they will learn over the years. But this is a grown woman saying these things!! Generally as kids grow up they become more understanding and tolerant etc...

but what if parents/religion puts ideas like this in childrens head, over and over?

how many of them will keep this 'phobia' for life? how many will pass it on to their kids again?
how long before their ideas get extincted?

Oh this does happen you are right Barbara. I was talking about the general kids attitudes towards homosexuality etc.... when they are teens. Obviously not every child's view and still not right. But yes brainwashing by parents and relgion is a more serious matter. maybe this is what happened to this woman who said these things. But surely when people grow up into intelligent adults they can realise the stupidity of these types of comments.

We are now in the 21st century - and yet people are still being made to feel ashamed because of the gender of the people they  are attracted too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

believe me, zhiv, becoming an adult doesnt put an end to these feelings. i just have to look/listen to my F.I.L. to know that. and his entire religious congregation feels the same.

and they 'know' they are right, and all others condemned cause the bible backs them up.

• Subscriber

believe me, zhiv, becoming an adult doesnt put an end to these feelings. i just have to look/listen to my F.I.L. to know that. and his entire religious congregation feels the same.
and they 'know' they are right, and all others condemned cause the bible backs them up.

I know what you mean Barbara. I meant that I hope that the majority will grow up more tolerant. There will always be people who can't understand that we don't all fit into the mould of what is expected of us - and that it is not our fault when we don't. Personally I am more concerned over true evil in the world and the effect that has on us then if people want to sleep with the same sex.

I am lucky that the church and church schools I went to were pretty liberal and were taught that Jesus is love and not hate and he loves everyone no matter who you are. And also my parents had a couple of friends who were gay so it never crossed my mind that this was any different. And I have had gay friends from a young age, spent a lot of my teens in gay clubs etc.... knowing that I would be accepted in those clubs as a straight person so why can't it be the other way round.

• Subscriber

exactly, why cant it?

I don't know why and it makes me so angry - really makes blood boil.

One very good friend of mine (not the one who originally posted this article in FB) was followed home from Manchester on the train one night and when he got off the train he was severely beat up by a group of men because he was gay. it was awful. He refused to leave the house for a long time as was too scared. I eventually dragged him back out and made him go out to know that he could feel safe again. This is really sweet man with a good heart who happens to be gay. So why should that mean that he has to be beaten black and blue by strangers when he has never hurt anyone.

• Subscriber

I'm afraid there are many people who think the same as this Cindy Jacobs, and the last few years they are taking their voice more mainstream, and it is disheartening, to say the least....  frown.gif

Disheartening as you say Nikki. And I still can't get my head around how people believe this and can't see a problem in saying this out loud. If it was against colour there would be an uproar and against human rights etc.... but because it is sexuality it is ok to say these things?

• Subscriber

We had a talk-program on tv last october, where people talked about gays and homosexuality. I didn’t see the program myself because I was on holiday – I’ve just read and heard about it. But in the program there was at least a chairwoman of the Christian party, some representatives from church (priests and a bishop maybe) and one “regular†gay and one member of parlament who is gay.

The end result of the discussion was pretty much that being gay is a sin and gay people are sick and god can not approve gays and only right way to have a relationship is between a man and a woman and so on. So that’s what the chairwoman of the christian party and some of the church’s representatives think.

Right after this programme, 40 000 people seperated from church, some because it’s conservative views – and some because it’s too liberal (some of the church’s representatives had courage to say that maybe god still loves you even if you’re gay). But also many new people joined to the Christian party because they support it’s view about heteronormative life as a only right way to live....

I’ve pretty much lost my faith with church as an institution – doesn’t mean i couldn’t believe in God. I’m just pretty tired of all the conservativity and discrimination what i still see too much in church – even if some progress has happened during last year (maybe only because of the pressure from outside...?). Somehow I see the church  and God as a two different thing – at least “my†God doesn’t despise or discariminate anyone.

Sorry the ramblingsmile.gif