Antigay Activist Blames Bird Death on DADT Repeal

Zhivvy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It's the first church that I found that I could actually understand and make some sense of it all. My husband is Catholic and I'm not and once we had kids, we couldn't agree as to a church in which to baptize them. I tried (a little, very little, lol) to understand the Catholics, but for me it seemed too full of man-made rules and that didn't make me feel like I was being brought closer to God. On one of the very first Sunday's we attended our present church, the pastor brought a chair up to the altar, sat down, and confessed his sins - things like being too self-absorbed, impatient, such human failings that I never even really considered to be sins. Another Sunday he showed a picture of the characters in Wizard of Oz and talked about how we are all searching for what makes us complete. I don't know, something just clicked and I kept coming back. I find the utter simplicity of the message so comforting: God lays down the law, mankind cannot comply with God's law, God sends us Jesus to bridge the gap. If we could be the kind of people we need to be/want to be, then we wouldn't have needed Jesus. I think that the Old Testament shows us that we cannot do it on our own, no matter what our good intentions or our good works as we will always fall short.

So, to me, I don't see any contradictions in the Bible. God says that the wages of sin is death and that our punishment will be an eye for an eye, but Jesus fullfils that for us by taking our punishment. It isn't for us to judge as we have all sinned in the eyes of God one way or another and we can (and have) been forgiven and God abhors all sin, so how can one sinner feel free to judge another?

Hope that doesn't come off as preaching - don't mean to do that, just trying to put into words something that I find immensly comforting.

• Subscriber

Good - I hate preachy!

"Am I bugging 'ya? I don't mean to bug 'ya" - Bono

Are you trying to admit to us that you are really Bono Janette? And if so will be visiting you on saturday!!!

• Subscriber

Looks like you discovered my secret . . . I have been posing as Janette B (the B stands for Bono!) all this time and I have soooooo enjoyed your discussions, especially the ones about my mangos. Since you are on to me (and would like to be on to me!), I will give everyone here a private concert!!!! Time and place to be announced . . . .

hijack over

• Subscriber

Looks like you discovered my secret . . . I have been posing as Janette B (the B stands for Bono!) all this time and I have soooooo enjoyed your discussions, especially the ones about my mangos. Since you are on to me (and would like to be on to me!), I will give everyone here a private concert!!!! Time and place to be announced . . . .

hijack over

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I always had my suspicions!!! But can we call you Bono now or do you prefer to be called Janette?