THE BATTLE OF HAITI

suee

• Subscriber

Utopia and ending poverty would be nice, wouldn't it!!! Sorry to sound negative, but it just seems these problems just go on and on and on with the only thing changing is the name of the country/empire, you know?

• Subscriber

Sorry, I didn't see your post, Monica, I guess it went up while I was typing. I just looked at the report and it is so sad that so many people are still homeless and subject to such violence. I still have not seen any Haiti coverage on the news, but I am not exactly watching TV a lot, so maybe I am just missing it. I am glad that you have seen the Bush/Clinton appeals, Wind, as I thought that they were really well-done and inspiring, so glad that they are still around.

but wind, isnt it ironic? why do we look for the answer in space, when its right here in front of us? i don see the importance of space-travel as long as people are dying here and could be helped if only more money would go to research and meds. if there's still money left afterwards, they can build as many rockets as they want.
but thats my opinion, so i can live with people not agreeing on this.
and what thread do you mean, wind?
and i can only agree bout the people not thinking for themselves. people want to follow a leader, religious, political,.... and sometimes thats good, cause we get inspired by them (jesus, MLK, ...) but it can also be indoctrination. if we allow ourself to put our own common sense aside.
sleep tide!blockquote>I

• Subscriber

cant agree with that, wind. for me sportsmen arent inspiring at all. they provide entertainment. and only that. they train whole their life. and in my opinion they get paid far too much for it.

lot of them ruine their body in some way (i once read a biography by a star-ballet-dancer, it was horrible). some (lots) take illegal products to go higher, faster,....
MLK inspires me cause he helped a whole 'minority-group' to believe in themselves and their equality.
and i wasnt saying they just go to space and have some fun. but i think this money would be better spend on helping people. 
people are dying cause of aids, malaria, cholera, tbc, cancer,... they are a part of this world. so before we sent scientists out to explore space, we could try help them.
and yes i admit, i use my money to take care of my family, kids, house. and i don give too much to charity. but  why do our governments spend money on sportsmanifistations, spacetravels while people in our very countries live in poverty?
what kind of parent would i be if i would spend my money on goin to concerts, games, travels, if my kids wouldnt have any food? or clothes?
i think the 'powers' should get their priorities straight. and thats me drawing conclusions from what i see/read/hear day after day.
i do agree we could pay more attention to the possitive things in life. but we should never ignore what goes wrong, we should never forget people are suffering, dying. maybe nobody can change it, but shouldnt we at least try?
i very much relate to this line:
why should one baby feel so hungry, she cries?
saltwater wells in my eyes.