The Birdies & The Fishies

mummy

Imagine you could wash the earth of man and beast, clean the sky of the birds, or wipe the fish from the sea.  Just imagine that.  There was a man, many years ago, who wrote a story about the Man Above who would do just that. His name was Zephaniah. The interesting thing about Zephaniah is that he wrote a book with only 3 chapters and it's all about Judgement Day (and shortly thereafter) He talks about just three types of phenomena:  man and beast being washed away (floods), birds falling from the sky and fish dying in the sea.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Zephaniah1-3&version=NIV

It's very coincidental that starting 2011, we have floods across the world washing man and beast from the Earth (Australia & Brazil). Then we have birds being cleansed from the sky (Arkansas, Louisianna, Sweden, Italy and California) and finally fish are being wiped out in their hundreds, thousands and even millions (Arkansas, Maryland, Brazil & New Zealand).

Or is it?

• Subscriber

Hmmm . . . that is interesting and I guess that the end of the world has been pondered by ourselves and by many, many before us for centuries. But, what do you mean "starting in 2011"? Certainly there have been floods, tsunamis, hurricanes prior to 2011. And birds and fish have been wiped out in hundreds previously (thinking of Valdez, Alaska for one example).

Editing to add . . . . was he writing of Noah and the flood?

Nikki, Jayoism doesn't provide a view. Only ideas.

Janette, he wasn't writing of Noah and the flood. The Book of Zephaniah was written somewhere between 600 and 700 BC. The flood took place at least 1600 years before the writing of this book. Zephaniah was a prophet, not an historian. He wrote about future events, not events of the past.

Um, doesn't the New Testament and good ol' Jesus dying on the cross, negate the Old Testament doom and gloom, God's jealous wrath, and whatnot?

It seems to me that God as depicted in The Bible, is hell bent on destroying his "creation". Seems kind o' odd behavior for an all loving God, doesn't it?

We are put to the test, just like job was; in the bible; to test our faithfulness, our love, our purity to prove our love for god above all else. There is no other way, that which is impure cannot enter the Kingdom. One must truly be like the children. Innocent and live subject to God, fearing his wrath, as he is a just God. No room for spiritual corruption. Just Pure Love. A grown man can have his spirit uncorrupted, clean energies, richeous one, true, ever faithful to God, live God's laws, be a true servant. Loving God above all else first,  all of your needs are given to you. The world may say what they want, but when it comes to "Bono", thats ONE man, who is cut different from the rest of humanity. I love Bono. He is great. He found God's grace. That is the most valuable possession of Bono. That makes him the most valuable man on Earth right now. I told you I found my Prince. A humble Man, like a child within, God loves my Prince and so do I.

Realmawake

We are put to the test, just like job was; in the bible; to test our faithfulness, our love, our purity to prove our love for god above all else. There is no other way, that which is impure cannot enter the Kingdom. One must truly be like the children. Innocent and live subject to God, fearing his wrath, as he is a just God. No room for spiritual corruption. Just Pure Love. A grown man can have his spirit uncorrupted, clean energies, richeous one, true, ever faithful to God, live God's laws, be a true servant. Loving God above all else first,  all of your needs are given to you. The world may say what they want, but when it comes to "Bono", thats ONE man, who is cut different from the rest of humanity. I love Bono. He is great. He found God's grace. That is the most valuable possession of Bono. That makes him the most valuable man on Earth right now. I told you I found my Prince. A humble Man, like a child within, God loves my Prince and so do I.

Realmawake
Golly Realm, seems to me that if God needs us to prove our love, he must not be all knowing, and if he needs to test our faithfulness he surely is insecure.  I'm going to guess the Kingdom you are referring to is, the Kingdom of Heaven, which as I recall is 'within'.

God's grace is freely given, and I am positive Bono does not consider it a possession.  He's one cut and the rest of us are an entirely different cut?  Poor Bono; what a bummer it must be, being the only one of your kind.

God has no wrath, for if he did, he could not be pure love, now could he?  Job was set up.  The Bible version of God said to Satan, "You incited me to ruin him without a cause, but his integrity is still unshaken."  Charming.

What exactly are God's laws these days? wink.gif