QUESTION: U2 live and acoustic info ????

u2jerry

As a long time fan of U2 music and yes all those live shows over the years, I find it quite odd that it appears they

have never released any FULL acoustic c/d, live c/d other than RED ROCKS, or ever appeared on shows like MTV/VH1..

storytellers/acoustic, or sessions, or other shows showcasing stripped down versions of "HIT" songs.

with STUCK IN A MOMENT-acoustic release , at one point the #1 downloaded on I-tunes, and so many other

great live tracks and acoustic tracks , why no CD s released, What do you think or am I missing something?????

my only thought is these will come when they stop touring and part of a new-record contract, but why no acoustic shows??

• Subscriber

I totaly agree and always wanted to see them do a 'unplugged' type of show or cd.

there is a bootleg I have called 'Zoocoustic' that is a compilation of early live acoustic songs. I've seen it on ebay a lot.

that's as close as we can get for now. maybe when they hit the 60 mark, we'll see them sitting with candles all around playing some great acoustic.

• Subscriber

I totaly agree and always wanted to see them do a 'unplugged' type of show or cd.

there is a bootleg I have called 'Zoocoustic' that is a compilation of early live acoustic songs. I've seen it on ebay a lot.

that's as close as we can get for now. maybe when they hit the 60 mark, we'll see them sitting with candles all around playing some great acoustic.

• Subscriber

• Subscriber

I was just thinking instead of releasing multiple DVDs from each tour...my wish it that they would release one DVD where the camera was still and focused and not jumping all over the place like Cornish Hamilton does. I love the DVDs but tend to get dizzy without a focused camera. Not sure who thinks us old U2 fans want to see this type of camera work. Back to the point..one DVD and one Live album per tour...even if the live album was fan club only. Of course, the big wish is for them to open their valuts and just release tons of live material in box sets from each tour...but that is probably pushing it. I'd buy a box from each tour for $80 each tour. Let's see: Boy, October, and War in one set for $80. TUF, Joshua Tree, and Lovetown in another. ZooTV/Zooropa/Pop in another...and ALTYCLB, Bomb, and 360 in another...each one with 2/3 dvd and 6 cd with different shows...

• Subscriber

u2 unplugged would be cool

but the honest truth i think is that it wouldn't be enough fun for edge. but they could do some good ones

crazy tonight

stuck in a moment

in gods country

drowning man

if god will send his angels

stay of course

I think it would be better for them to do a Storyteller type show, instead of going on the road doing an acoustic tour. With the tour, the albums, and their family lives, I don't think they have time for it now. If they did do an acoustic tour, it would be in smaller venues....which for them, would equal higher ticket prices, limited audience, meaning more shows, which would not be good for Bono's voice...in the long run. Bono said that in all of their tours, they try to add in an acoustic set. Having a full live acoustic set is just not their style. However, if they did, I'd like to see them perform these:

Acrobat

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Drowning Man

Red Hill Mining

Stay

Seconds

Heartland

Wild Honey

Every Breaking Wave

In God's Country

Shadows And Tall Trees

Tomorrow