A fun (Seasonal) Question!!

illumination70

I was wondering since Groundhog's day is just around the corner (yes, I'm bored), which famous groundhog is the more accurate weather predictor, Phil (Pennsylvania), Chuck (Staten Island, New York) or Ridge Lea Larry (Buffalo,NY)

In my opinion, I believe Chuck is the more accurate rodent of the two as a result of last year's early spring which occurred in my neck of the woods.

Enough about me, what do you think?

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

barbara1']what is a groundhog? and what is groundhog's day? 

nevermind, i googled it. found a movie and the wikipedia-page... and i still don have a clue grin.gif ? its about a little animal that predicts end of winter?  Yep if the critter sees his shadow, it means 6 more weeks of winter,but if he doesn't, it means an early spring!!

• Subscriber

I would have to go with Phil.  I have never heard of Groundhog Chuck or Ridge.  Funny conversation we are having here.  I hope he doesn't see his shadow because I am so very ready for spring. It has been very cold here in northern Illinois the last 2 weeks.

• Subscriber

some famous groundhogs. tried to google them to come up with the dutch name for it. think we just call it a marmot? and i found out he's related to the squirel?

how bout that movie? is it any good? its with bill muray and i've never seen it?! hows that possible?? was it a succes? should i see it anytime soon?