What a fantastic forum at Davos

wahine

I am watching the forum on the children in Davos and it is fantastic! What a blessing to have everyone up there at one time and to discuss the issues and what can really be done. Just beautiful to be real and honest about our the children and the not only the the diseases and the nightmares they face from the moment they are born but even to the corruption that takes the most innocent of the children. Thank God there are such wonderful loving people that have not only the opportunity to gather in one place, but to face these issues and to have the means and ability to do it. I would highly recommend watching the program. I have always said Thank God for mothers, now I say thank God there are such caring people looking out for the mothers of the world.

Now, that is much more to my taste when it comes to talking or dealing with issues and disadvantaged children have always been my biggest issue. I am very impressed with all the leaders that were present. Bono is a very smart man.

I also watched it in it's entirety and have heard Melinda Gates talk before a women with passion.Bono as passionate with strong feeling as ever. All wanting for change and a better world for ALL to live in .

AMEN TO THAT.........

The follow up interview with the Facebook Chief Operating Officer was so good too. I have heard Bono through the years off and on talk about his issues, something changed or maybe I have who knows. Bono is so well spoken. He stayed on task and didn't get off topic. The lady interviewing him seemed to make it very interesting. Both of them kept it simple and to the point. Being a mother, that use to be my motto: Thank God for Mothers, he reached into my soul and that is hard to do. When people say leave the world better off than you found it, Bono has and is doing that for sure.  For years I could not stand to listen to Bono, he use to bitch basically, like in your face bitch, now it seems like his anger has turned to love and it shows in the way the interviews went. It's so much easier and I feel better about listening and doing something instead of listening to him and feeling guilty or like we are to blame. Of course, being a surfer, we all know about nets, being a mother I cannot fathom a child not having life saving medicines because of logistics and growing up in politics I have seen corruption destroy. Corruption is the worst, it is the biggest enemy of children worldwide. I like this older, wiser Bono.