I need help making a decision.

My husband and I do not celebrate Valentines Day. I gave birth to my son on that day, that's the best present he ever could have gotten, so Valentines day was officially off for us after that. The worst part, my  husband didn't believe me when I said I am in labor. We were out having breakfast, he got pissed at me cuz I ordered ridiculous amounts of food, he actually said we are not leaving until you finish your food, uhhhhh, you wanna talk about a fight? (I had gone into early labor on New Years Eve so I was on medicine to stop any kind of labor and he had rushed me that morning and I said I would take my tablet after breakfast), it was insane. He just wouldn't listen to me. I had my daughter with me, I grabbed her up told him to f*ck off and went to the car he of course came out to the car saying I thought you were joking, dropped my daughter at my moms, and my son was born 2 hours later. The very first words the doctor said was you didn't eat did you? You need a C-section. I actually thought I was going to kill my husband. I will never forget the look on his face when the doctor said that. I told him leave, just leave right now. I was beyond angry at him. Needless to say, we agreed Valentines Day belongs to my son and we would not celebrate it ever again.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the shirts are funny and sarcasticsmile.gif 

If I've understood correctly, the Valentine's day is mainly lovers' day in USA? How about in England and other countries?

Here in Finland the Valentine's day is traslated to "friendship day / friends' day" - so it's not associated with romantic love here (luckily). So with my friends we usually go to the movies or for a dinner and it's general to send Happy valentine's day postcards and maybe buy some little presents to nearest friends.

In general, I could protest against the more and more commercial feeling of the valentine's day... of course love and friendship are the most important things and it's somehow good that there is a special day marked in calendar for showing them but we should remember to show them everyday...(I know, it's a cliche...eyes.gifeyes.gif)

I like the idea it being a friendship day . After walking round the shops today and seeing some of the things being sold for this day ! Yes in England it's very much a commercial thing and in some cases no very tasteful, and for people like me who are alone can make this day a not so happy day !....Last YES YOU ARE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a black lab-border collie cross who was fantastic and I used to tape various sizes of hand cut pink and red hearts all over her black body and then take her to work with me to deliver valentines to my co-workers. It was a big hit.

I now have a black Great Dane but she's a bit hyper. The valentine may end up being a big wet nose in every co-worker's eyeball so I'll have to wait until she is a bit older and mellower to do it again.

If you've just had a horrible break-up then I'd say shirt #2 was funny.

• Subscriber

Oh btw, I forgot to inform everyone this thread is only meant to be a joke in order to poke fun at the over-ratedness of v-day and nothing more.

But are you going to buy one of the shirts? They are great!!!!!happy.gif

• Subscriber

Oh btw, I forgot to inform everyone this thread is only meant to be a joke in order to poke fun at the over-ratedness of v-day and nothing more.

we got that illum! hell, i'm in love and i even i think this day is very overratedeyes.gif all bout making money out of romance, in my opinion....