BEST PROFILE CONTEST - NOW OPEN (Rules, Information and Entries here)

• Subscriber

BEST PERSONAL PROFILE PAGE COMPETITION

NOW OPEN AS OF MONDAY 31, 2011

CLOSING ENTRY ACCEPTANCE - February 28th, 2011

All Contestants:

* submit to this thread the following three items:

A) screen names

B) link to your profile page

C) category that you are entering (you may enter as many as you want)

COMPETITION CATEGORIES ARE:

1) Best U2 Profile-entire band or one member

2 ) Best General Profile

3) Best Under 20 Youngsters Profile

4) Most Fun Profile

*CATEGORIES MIGHT BE COMBINED OR NEW ONES ADDED, DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER AND TYPES OF ENTRIES

This is strictly a free choice to enter or not enter. wink.gif

We want to give people up to one month to submit their entries, and will allow for revisions of their page only up to the deadline.

Depending on how many entries are received, we want to go out three places for each category, or First, Second, and Third place.

The prizes are going to be U2 related and will be posted later on, but you can reasonably expect them to be U2 buttons, badges, posters, key chains, decals, etc... The prizes will be donated by the contest organisers not by U2.com.

Accepting prize donations as well, including original works of art depicting something U2 related, created by you.

Please note - this is a fan based competition started by the fans and for the fans and run by the fans. This is strictly non commercial and is not run by U2.com Admin. Please contact xtraspicy62 for further information.

Practical Information:

Please only use this thread to submit your entries. The contest's general discussion thread can be found here (free section) or here (paid section)

For further information on the contest and all questions relating to it, we kindly request you do not contact the forum moderators or forum admin. Please contact xtraspicy62

The polls will be published on March 1st with all entries. The polls will be open until March 15th (midnight UK time) with the winners announced on Saint Patrick's Day (March 17th).

edit: Only entries received from the entrants themselves can be accepted. This facilitates transparency and ensures no one is entered against their will.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to submit Sugrue's profile (I have his permission) in Categories 1 and 4 please http://media.community.u2.com/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=12629685&as=74615

edit by LH: In principle we can only accept entrants putting their own names forward, but in this case we're making an exception after having discussed this by PM (and let's not forget Sugrue is after all a bit of a legend in the Zoo!)

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

surrenders']I would like to submit Sugrue's profile (I have his permission) in Categories 1 and 4 please

It would be preferable if people would submit their entries themselves so as to avoid any misunderstandings, thanks.

This question was asked by me and a couple of others and thought it was answered.  What's the difference?  Sheesh!

• Community Moderator

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

surrenders']I would like to submit Sugrue's profile (I have his permission) in Categories 1 and 4 please
http://media.community.u2.com/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=12629685&as=74615

It would be preferable if people would submit their entries themselves so as to avoid any misunderstandings, thanks.

This question was asked by me and a couple of others and thought it was answered.  What's the difference?  Sheesh!

We'll just get him on here and get him to submit it...b/c I agree, his should be in the contest.

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

surrenders wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

We'll just get him on here and get him to submit it...b/c I agree, his should be in the contest.

LOL, yes he should