Thank you for thr Forum clean up!

agt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I guess I don't see the point in closing it as another one just opens, but whatever!

Can't understand it - but if those are the rules in the free section those are the rules i guess!

• Subscriber

It's the rules in the paid section too, isn't it? I think the Battle of the Songs thread in the paid section closed and re-opened? It doesn't bother me as long as we can re-open, but wondering why and wondering how they picked 1,000, lol

• Subscriber

It's the rules in the paid section too, isn't it? I think the Battle of the Songs thread in the paid section closed and re-opened? It doesn't bother me as long as we can re-open, but wondering why and wondering how they picked 1,000, lol

Maybe it is only in the clubs then where i have seen the huge post counts.

And no idea how they came to that number of posts lol!

• Subscriber

thats true zhiv, inh the clubs threads don get closed. like the dutch thread, its been goin on and on and on for years. but i feel sorry we lost the BTB-pics. it would be so great if they could make an exeption to their rules, just for once? please-please-pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

• Subscriber

thats true zhiv, inh the clubs threads don get closed. like the dutch thread, its been goin on and on and on for years. but i feel sorry we lost the BTB-pics. it would be so great if they could make an exeption to their rules, just for once? please-please-pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

It is a shame but Max messaged me and told me that it can't be done! Such a shame, I guess we could ask for it to be a group but then will be down in the paid section and not as many people can see it!

I will get onto making the new thread - been busier than i thought today  - and as I said I will add the link to the original thread and post the pics in the new one - if i do a couple of pics per post it shouldn't use up too much of the post count!

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Bajagirl']Threads that have over 1000 replies get closed. This has been the case for years.

That, ahem, someone forgot to close them while I was away is another matter
:P

psst, lemon, i wont tell bout the hush-money, if you wont wink.gif hope you had a nice belgian beer with it?

but why, baja? you all know we will just re-open a part II, so whats the use?grin.gif

Initially due to the many links in the threads, from quoting within a quote within a quote, and pictures in those quotes, the threads do not load well for those not on high speed internet, and act really weird (will take you to the wrong thread, wont let people post) and it is a courtesy so everyone can participate. We found that if we go over 1000, glitches started to develop.

After we move to this board, we dont see those glitches as much, but keeping it at that size makes it so so much easier to find specific comments/posts (also makes it easier to moderate) and they load a bit quicker.

• Subscriber

Bajagirl wrote:

Initially due to the many links in the threads, from quoting within a quote within a quote, and pictures in those quotes, the threads do not load well for those not on high speed internet, and act really weird (will take you to the wrong thread, wont let people post) and it is a courtesy so everyone can participate. We found that if we go over 1000, glitches started to develop.

After we move to this board, we dont see those glitches as much, but keeping it at that size makes it so so much easier to find specific comments/posts (also makes it easier to moderate) and they load a bit quicker.

makes sense! thanx for explaining, bajahappy.gif