goldilocks visited our hospital today.

• Subscriber

funny story, thought i might share.

we were having our meal in our team-kitchen this evening when a new patient arrived. very sick, terminal ill man so all 3 of us left the kitchen to help put this man in bed. i was back first, but stopped to wash my hands in the nursing-post, opposite to kitchen, when i noticed someone sitting on my chair? i only saw the back and head, so i was wondering who it was? a doctor who was paying late visit? assistent? probably this person heard me when i turned on the water, so when i walked up to the kitchen, she suddenly stood in front of me and i recognised the sister of one of our patients who was discharged earlier that day. she had called earlier cause they left something behind, and i told her we found it in the room, she could come to collect it anytime.
and there she was,  eating something... so i asked 'what are you doing in our kitchen and what are you eating??' a roll, she answered. by that time my colleagues were there too. i asked her where she got it from, she turned around and pointed at my lunch-package?! i couldnt believe my eyes! 'hey! thats mine!' i yelled. 'oh, i thought it was meant for the sick people' she said! i said: no! i brought that with me from home! its my lunch, and besides, your not even sick! she said: oh poor you!
by that time i was startled and didnt know what to say anymore, i also noticed she drank my cup of coffee??
my colleagues were so mad at her, told her that was really not-done!!
there was another roll on my plate, but i could only think of how she took that one first, saw it was already bitten, put it back to take a new one out of the bag... so i threw it in the bin. 
she left, enjoying the rest of my roll, and i was so mad, but also had to laugh bout the weirdness of it all. 
i know this family, who lives in our town for years. 2sisters and 1 brother, live together in this beautiful home thats falling apart, windows are rotten, all the paint vanished. but everyone knows they have so much money, but don wanna spend any. so i guess she must have been very happy with her free lunch?!
  • Subscriber

Wow...how nice of her to eat your lunch. Sometimes  you just gotta laugh. People are always doing the strangest and funniest things. Once I found a booger(mocos, tapone, flemme)on my desk and wondered who gave it to me?? And thought the same thing,  what a nice present Goldilocks brought me!laugh.gif

• Subscriber

She should have realized it was set out for someone else and she thought it was for a patient but she ate it anyway? Wow... And about the house; You live in it, you keep it up and running, especially if it's a nice old, beautiful house, and if you have the resources. That's my opinion...

• Subscriber

luckily i already ate the first roll, and there was a pudding left too. so that was my lunch... still hungry afterwardssick.gif

it was funny, and i bet the story will be told for years at our unit. but it is unbelievable, vertigo, you are so right. but i figure there must be something disconnected in these peoples heads? maybe you cant really blame them? i don know... i was quite mad at the time, thomad.gif
  • Subscriber

Wow...how nice of her to eat your lunch. Sometimes  you just gotta laugh. People are always doing the strangest and funniest things. Once I found a booger(mocos, tapone, flemme)on my desk and wondered who gave it to me?? And thought the same thing,  what a nice present Goldilocks brought me!laugh.gif

at least your goldilocks brings you something stead of taking it away?wink.gif

• Subscriber

but could this happen anywhere, zooropa? imagine being in a restaurant, pub,... goin to the ladies-room and coming back to find someone else sitting at your table eating your dinner? drinking your coffee, milk-shake....

what would you say?? i wonder if this lady would have the guts to do that too?!