Introducing.. The Plea (from Ballyliffen, Ireland)

johnclerkenwell

Just read this on the Irish music blog I Swear I'm Not Paul, listed as one of the most anticipated Irish albums of 2011 - we could be onto something here!!

"Brand new pop-rock act the Plea are currently putting the finishing touches to their debut album. Lead single ‘Praise Be’ sounded just like the kind of stuff Bono should be making these days (vocally and all), and I’ve also had a chance to hear some of the other tracks from the record. It’s going to be a massive radio-friendly rock monster. The soundtrack of your summer? Most definitely."

• Subscriber

Listening to Praise Be now...love this song!! The singer does sound a bit like Bono, but not. If that makes any sense. Looking forward to hearing more! 

I liked their page on facebook and then shared . All responses back so far are looking forward to getting their hands on the CD and the surfers love it. It begins.... I haven't even liked U2 on facebook I didn't wanna be one of 6 million or whatever. I don't use my facebook for that kinda stuff but I sure do like what I'm hearing enough to share it.

Listening to Praise Be now...love this song!! The singer does sound a bit like Bono, but not. If that makes any sense. Looking forward to hearing more! 

Totally get what you mean - his style is definitely a cross between Bono and Richard Ashcroft - does anyone remember Ian MacCulloch from Echo & The Bunnymen? He's in there too for me. Anyway, those three fantastic singers merged into one - what a vocal!! I'll be in the front row :) Who's with me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...