DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

• Subscriber

1. "Amazing Grace" / "Where the Streets Have No Name" (live from Pasadena) - U2 & Soweto Gospel Choir
2. "Falling at Your Feet" - Bono and Daniel Lanois
3. "Ito Okashi" - Passengers and Holi
4. "Boy Falls From the Sky" - U2 and Carney
5. "Scarlet" (live from Auckland) - U2 and Jay-Z
6. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (live from Auckland) - U2 and Jay-Z
7. "When Love Comes to Town" (live from the Kodak Theatre, 2008) - Bono, Edge, BB King and his band
8. "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)" [Hybrid Mix] - Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna
9. "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" - U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, and A Band of Bowsies
10. "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2, Mick Jagger, and Elizabeth Jagger
11. "I'm Not Your Baby" - U2 and Sinead O'Connor
12. "Slide Away" - U2 and Michael Hutchence
13. "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" - Jools Holland and Bono
14. "Yiğidim Aslanım Burda Yatıyor" (live) - U2 and Ömer Zülfü Livaneli
15. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (live, 1987) - U2 and Daniel Lanois
16. "The Wanderer" - U2 and Johnny Cash (Bono and Cash duet)

Unreleased songs are in red. No songs (with the possible exception of "Ito Okashi" if you count OS1 as a U2 album) which have been on an actual U2 release are on here. Those that have been released on other artists' albums are at least not very well known amongst most U2 fans. If you're going to include a Passengers song ,why not make it one that we haven't all heard a bajillion times before and that is available on multiple other releases? "Ito Okashi" fits the bill perfectly; and it's certainly an equal to "Miss Sarajevo". And if you plan on using "Stuck" at least do the original studio version which remains unreleased. A fair few live versions, since that is where most of their collaborations seem to take place, but none of them have been released either. "The Wanderer" includes Bono's original lyric take mixed in with Cash's vocals to create a duet in the song. "Stranded" is at least a new mix, and very few people own a legitimate copy of "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew". Not sure where the live version of "ISHFWILF" is from, but a clip of it is on the Joshua Tree Classic Albums DVD and sounds awesome, so they must have it somewhere.

It might just be me, but I think that this tracklist would have been much more satisfying to fans.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

Now there's a question. Could whoever mod or whatever explain this awesome F.U. to us?

• Subscriber

I've heard The Edge has a hand in the site, but I could be misinformed. But when I think about it, is it really U2 picking what goes on these CDs? That could be a very stupid question, my apologies if it is, but I'm wondering, is it them or management or whoever else? If it's not them, we can't blame them, but nonetheless, us fans are still unhappy with this CD, whoever did choose those tracks should have thought less about money and more about pleasing the fans, which I think U2 is more about. They've lowered concert tickets haven't they? (On ticketmaster). I don't know how the music business works, so I don't know how or who chooses compilation CDs.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Panth wrote:

basher1']Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

Now there's a question. Could whoever mod or whatever explain this awesome F.U. to us?

I'm thinking of sending a letter to principle management and a petition along the lines of what mick james did last year.

Will let you know in due course.

• Subscriber

I think the "Haven't Found" clip you are referring to is from the Zoo TV tour stop in Montreal.  This same clip can be found on Daniel Lanois' VHS tape "Rocky World".  Yes I still have the VHS tape.  I am just not sure what I can play it with.  LOL.

I like your track list.  I don't know what Fanfire was thinking.  Maybe they didn't have the licensing right in time.  That is why the track listing was released so late.

• Subscriber

Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

I'll pass along the thread to management, (hence the merging, so everything is in one place)

As for comments about censorship, merging the threads is not censorship. Everything you guys wrote is all here.

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

basher1']Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

I'll pass along the thread to management, (hence the merging, so everything is in one place)

As for comments about censorship, merging the threads is not censorship. Everything you guys wrote is all here.

that would be great. its not too late to change the gift if you ask me. im prepared to wait. thanks baja!

• Subscriber

You can add my voice to the mounting wave of criticism about Duals. It is a disgraceful insult to loyal fans, giving them widely available studio album tracks on a supposedly "exclusive" and "fan club only" release. U2 can and must do better. This is by far the worst release of all of the CD's and does not encourage me to renew my subscription later this year

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Bajagirl wrote:

that would be great. its not too late to change the gift if you ask me. im prepared to wait. thanks baja!

That's great if you can do that Baja, and cheers.

And I'm with Mac, surely if they only just posted the song list for Duals, it probably hasn't gone to manufacture yet.

Seriously, I'm sure many would rather wait longer for a reconsidered gifty, than recieve an expensive CD of very very common U2 songs.