DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Bajagirl']

I'll pass along the thread to management, (hence the merging, so everything is in one place)

As for comments about censorship, merging the threads is not censorship. Everything you guys wrote is all here.

that would be great. its not too late to change the gift if you ask me. im prepared to wait. thanks baja!

That's great if you can do that Baja, and cheers.

And I'm with Mac, surely if they only just posted the song list for Duals, it probably hasn't gone to manufacture yet.

Seriously, I'm sure many would rather wait longer for a reconsidered gifty, than recieve an expensive CD of very very common U2 songs.

if u2.com can advertise a bigger product, (the 360 dvd mega delux-remember it was on pre-order on this site with a link to amazon) and then pull it, im sure a little 13 track cd can be pulled and changed for something more worth the money.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and baja, i know this is NOTHING to do with u2.com, but still u2 FANS, and that is what is important here.

it looks like our friends at @u2 have expressed their views on the DUALS.................

(suppose it all helps, and have the management crew anything better to do? no, suppose not! so they can spend some quality time hearing the cries from the fans)

http://forum.atu2.com/ind...msg917448.html#msg917448

GO BAJA! youre our only hope! xxx

• Subscriber

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

basher1']Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

I'll pass along the thread to management, (hence the merging, so everything is in one place)

As for comments about censorship, merging the threads is not censorship. Everything you guys wrote is all here.

Just as an aside to this who actually is the 'management' of this site?

Still gonna write a petition/letter though.

• Subscriber

I feel betrayed by this CD. I joined for the first time - and if this is all, it's the last time. As much as I love the band, but U2.com has absolutely no clue bout running a proper website for fans (I been webmaster for musicians, I know what I'm talking bout). I think, the band has to replace the people in charge for the "let's pull people together, grab their money and give them useless stuff" ehm...sorry "fanclub".

• Subscriber

My thoughts on the tracklist echo much of what has already been said. Many of the tracks can be found on previously released albums, iTunes etc. and I am disappointed at the lack of imagination in compiling it. On the subscribe page it states: "This limited edition release, curated by the band, is pressed up in a custom-designed sleeve and made available only to U2.com subscribers. ('U2 Duals' will not be available for sale in shops or online)."

I expect U2.com will justify the CD by claiming its exclusivity is in the package itself and the fact that these collaborations have not previously been released together in this format. While I do not subscribe purely for the "free" CD I do expect to receive something that offers more than previously released material. The CD is one of the selling points of the subscription so make it truly exclusive.

The membership package needs a complete overhaul with features that work (my webmail still doesn't work and is never resolved when contacting them through the contact us tab) and decent exclusive material from the boys themselves.

Rant over, now please U2 announce some UK dates so I can use my presale code!

I'm glad to see that everyone here is protesting such poor treatment, and that Bajagirl, you're informing management. For many hardcore fans, 'Duals' is the last straw in a long line of problems, and the runners of U2.com really have to know how unhappy fans are. Please feel free to come to the @u2.com forum thread on the subject, where we are discussing ways to organise and vocalise our discontent - we'll be counting on your participation to get u2.com to take notice!

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,15355.0.html

• Subscriber

Still reeling about the quality of this fanclub so called "Exclusive Collectors Edition CD"

There is nothing collectible about it and it is not remotely exclusive.

It is the worst by far of the 8 Fan Club CD's that have been released.

Melon(1995) & Hasta La Vista Baby !(2000), were excellent when they were released.

U2 Communication(2005), Zoo TV Live(2006) , U2 Go Home, Live From Slane Castle(2007) - were fairly good.

U2 Medium Rare & Remastered(2008) was quite good,

Artificial Horizon(2010) - I had a lot of it, but could be worse

Duals(2011) - bit of a disaster to be honest.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

basher1']Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

it would be appreciated if you could pass the thread on to U2 management - thanks.