DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

basher1']Could a Mod possibly reply or send this thread on to show the discontent of loyal fans who feel they are being royally shafted by u2 and u2.com i say u2 because this is the official u2 website therefore it is thier name and reputation.

I'll pass along the thread to management, (hence the merging, so everything is in one place)

As for comments about censorship, merging the threads is not censorship. Everything you guys wrote is all here.

Who is the management?  Live Nation, Principle?  No sense sending it to anyone at Live Nation cause the powers that be there are not clueing in U2 about anything here.  It should go to someone at Principle.

Remind Bono of his quote here when U2 signed their contract with Live Nation:

"We've been dating for over 20 years now, it's about time we tied the knot," said U2's Bono. "With regards to U2.com, we feel we've got a great website, but we want to make it a lot better. We want a closer, more direct relationship between the band and its audience and Live Nation has pledged to help us with that."

http://www.prnewswire.com...on-artists-57319537.html

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just hope that the message will really be relayed to the management, and if that insulting to the fan cd's only purpose is to make things better for the future maybe I will be happy that it saw the light of day. Let's be honest, if things continue to go that way we'll end up with a re-print of melon next year, or even worse a remaster of boy's remaster. For crying out loud, you can at least release a cd copy of the dublin new year concert, and even if most of us have it in the Itunes boxset or in various bootlegs, we would still be happy to have a nice clean official cd of this...

• Subscriber

16. "The Wanderer" - U2 and Johnny Cash (Bono and Cash duet)
Unreleased songs are in
red.

The Wanderer is readily available on Zooropa...

But not with Bono's vocals mixed in as a duet with Cash. The vocals Bono recorded for the song were never used apart from a couple of "Oooo"s at the tail end of the song. Using those unreleased and never-heard vocals to make the song into a new mix, a duet, is something that I think a lot of fans would love to hear.

thing is though...........it is a FREE gift. DUALS. in reality they dont have to give us anything at all. best thing to do is for people to boycott subbing for them to re-think the free gift ie cd's.................
It's not really free, we all paid $40-$50 membership fee.  Yes they do have to give people SOMETHING for paying for a membership, otherwise what's the point of being here when there's other good U2 fan sites you don't pay for and get nothing. As stated many times, other bands give fans more stuff for a smaller membership fee.  If they don't want to really give anything to paying members, then don't have a paid section, just a regular free site, like Bruce Springsteens site.  There's no forum there (use to be one), just a store and information about what Bruce is up to. 

Notifying Live Nation management about all this won't do a damn thing.  It's a huge money grabbing corporation.

• Subscriber

it was a real missed opportunity to put out a stonking CD, there's so much stuff that could have been used instead of recycling the usual predictable suspects. but hey someone must be happy with it *wind* *tumble weed* *crickett