DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

joshthetree

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Nniixx']Who gets the Duals CD everyone whose a member or only those who renew.

ie my Current sub expires 30th June 2011 and I just received the Artifical Horizon CD about 2 weeks ago.

if you renew now you will get the new cd. if you dont renew you wont.

What if i renew when it's due next June ?

If you extend your membership for 2011 now, you'll get the CD when the initial shipment is released.

If you renew next June, you won't get the CD until then (or a few months after)

WTF?!  When is this being released?  If it's being released before renewals are up you should get the cd.  Here we go again, ploys to get people to reup.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Nniixx']Who gets the Duals CD everyone whose a member or only those who renew.

ie my Current sub expires 30th June 2011 and I just received the Artifical Horizon CD about 2 weeks ago.

if you renew now you will get the new cd. if you dont renew you wont.

What if i renew when it's due next June ?

If you extend your membership for 2011 now, you'll get the CD when the initial shipment is released.

If you renew next June, you won't get the CD until then (or a few months after)

WTF?!  When is this being released?  If it's being released before renewals are up you should get the cd.  Here we go again, ploys to get people to reup.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

U2 Duals is a crappy fanclub gift. Fanclub gifts are for hardcore fans. Any hardcore fan has 80% of this because the songs are available elsewhere. U2 has got to be the laziest group when it comes to this stuff. First they were giving us audio rips of DVDs that we all owned, and things aren't much better now!

• Subscriber
U2 Duals is a crappy fanclub gift. Fanclub gifts are for hardcore fans. Any hardcore fan has 80% of this because the songs are available elsewhere. U2 has got to be the laziest group when it comes to this stuff. First they were giving us audio rips of DVDs that we all owned, and things aren't much better now!

The 'audio DVD rips' imo where great fanclub cd's. If your expecting u2 to give away new music then it not going to happen. Duals was never going to be filled with loads of stuff we didnt have, if you dont like it you can always flog it off. Im looking forward to mine even if i have most of it.

• Subscriber

Certainly have most of the material already, but if I don't like what they're giving, I don't have to resubscribe... it's only an added benefit anyway...

PS. If you feel the need to post the same comment on two different U2 message boards, you have way too much time on your hands...

Tracks available on U2 albums or iTunes is NOT a fan club benefit (added or not).  This CD is a total joke.  A waste of plastic, paper and postage.

You're telling me they don't have a live show in the can they can't offer to fan club members in return for $40 a year? 

Very disappointing....

• Subscriber

And that's that: The fan club membership that I've had since 1987 will slip into the half light. Whether or not I renewed my membership relied on how satisfied I was with this CD. I'm not at all. So much about U2 has slipped into the absurd and painfully average.