DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

joshthetree

• Subscriber

Certainly have most of the material already, but if I don't like what they're giving, I don't have to resubscribe... it's only an added benefit anyway...

PS. If you feel the need to post the same comment on two different U2 message boards, you have way too much time on your hands...

Hah!  It's called copy and paste.  You'll learn about it someday.  If you look at my post history in either of the those forums in the last 5 years, I think you'll find relative to many others, I don't post that much at all.

I think it's funny that every time people don't like something U2 release, people jump on them with "you don't have to buy it" (or in this case sign up).  I love U2, but that doesn't mean I don't think they can do no wrong.  Many thought it was wrong that you could only get "Window In The Skies" by buying U218.  That song was "album only" on itunes.  I agree that is a pretty crappy way to treat your fans.

If you're happy about getting "The Wanderer" and "When Love Comes To Town" on one CD, that's great.  But I know how to make mixes on itunes, and I can even rip CDs or make mix tapes.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

halcyondays93']U2 Duals is a crappy fanclub gift. Fanclub gifts are for hardcore fans. Any hardcore fan has 80% of this because the songs are available elsewhere. U2 has got to be the laziest group when it comes to this stuff. First they were giving us audio rips of DVDs that we all owned, and things aren't much better now!

The 'audio DVD rips' imo where great fanclub cd's. If your expecting u2 to give away new music then it not going to happen. Duals was never going to be filled with loads of stuff we didnt have, if you dont like it you can always flog it off. Im looking forward to mine even if i have most of it.U2 has recorded every show for many years.  How 'bout a recording of a unique live show that is not available as a commercial DVD release?  Maybe that's a lot of work.  Oh, that's right - Pearl Jam do it for EVERY SHOW!  I don't expect new music on fan releases (like many other bands do), but a tiny bit of effort to make something special would be nice.

Uh....really? Wanderer is on Zooropa, Slow Dancing is on a single and easily gotten on iTunes. Falling at your Feet? S'rsly guys? Why not also put Dancing Shoes? or how bout Ground beneath her Feet as well? Kinda obvious. Miss Sarajevo that if some U2 fan doesn't have by now, then wow. Even when I was a new fan, I had that song. Saints are Coming?

Love Comes to Town, someone should be slapped for that one. Rattle and Hum is not a vague album, also its on a Best Of. Seriously should be slapped. You have like a couple live ones, a rare one, and that's it.

I'm not paying 30 dollars for a CD where I have the majority of the tracks.

After all the crazy, non news, no updates, glitches, and annoying fans, this is where I have to draw the line and say I'm done.

• Subscriber

Disappointing. I am only looking forward to Mick Jagger's contribution in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert.

Actually I'd be very happy if it were only the R'n'R Concert in the CD, with Springsteen, Gimme Shelter, etc

• Subscriber

It's embarrassing for U2 and insulting to anyone who pays to subscribe to a fan club to include album versions of a song on an "exclusive content" CD. At least the past several "exclusive" U2.com records and CDs had at least 3-4 "previously" unheard remixes of less popular songs.

And, to add insult to what essentially amounts to Femoral Dysplasia, the album artwork is...? I'm frankly flattened, deflated even, by this entire package! Now there is ZERO benefit to $50.00 membership.

The only positive to come out of this announcement (read: overwhelmingly negative experience) is that U2.com kindly sent me a reminder yesterday that my membership will expire in 30 days I hate to, but after 21 years, I am NOT renewing my U2.com membership.

Dear www.ATU2.com, thank you for being better at representing U2 than U2. Where may I send you my $50.00?

Lance A. Schart

Chicago, IL USA

• Subscriber

It's embarrassing for U2 and insulting to anyone who pays to subscribe to a fan club to include album versions of a song on an "exclusive content" CD. At least the past several "exclusive" U2.com records and CDs had at least 3-4 "previously" unheard remixes of less popular songs.

And, to add insult to what essentially amounts to Femoral Dysplasia, the album artwork is...? I'm frankly flattened, deflated even, by this entire package! Now there is ZERO benefit to $50.00 membership.

The only positive to come out of this announcement (read: overwhelmingly negative experience) is that U2.com kindly sent me a reminder yesterday that my membership will expire in 30 days I hate to, but after 21 years, I am NOT renewing my U2.com membership.

Dear ATU2.com, thank you for being better at representing U2 than U2. Where may I send you my $50.00?

Lance A. Schart

Chicago, IL USA