DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Had a bad feeling the first time I heard about the new fan club CD. The feeling proved right.

U2 should be able to do better than this. Most fans could compile most of the tracklist in their Itunes in a second.

Definitely would have prefered a killer live recording instead (even another DVD audio rip would have been great)

I´ve been a member since day 1, but the "exclusive" fan releases seems to get less and less exclusive year by year.

Had a bad feeling the first time I heard about the new fan club CD. The feeling proved right.

U2 should be able to do better than this. Most fans could compile most of the tracklist in their Itunes in a second.

Definitely would have prefered a killer live recording instead (even another DVD audio rip would have been great)

I´ve been a member since day 1, but the "exclusive" fan releases seems to get less and less exclusive year by year.

4 posts since this site got revamped? You been a member since day one also? The gifts do seem to get worse every year. This is taking the piss!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

whodunit']

4 posts since this site got revamped? You been a member since day one also? The gifts do seem to get worse every year. This is taking the piss!U2 taking the piss or me ?

[quote name='whodunit wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

whodunit']

4 posts since this site got revamped? You been a member since day one also? The gifts do seem to get worse every year. This is taking the piss!
U2 taking the piss or me ?

u2

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

whodunit wrote:

MacFoley']

U2 taking the piss or me ?

u2

Thought so too :-)

Just couldn´t figure out what my number of posts had to do with anything.

[quote name='whodunit wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

whodunit']U2 taking the piss or me ?

u2

Thought so too :-)

Just couldn´t figure out what my number of posts had to do with anything.

was just interested into why you dont use the forum's as much since u2.com got revamped.

when i first joined u2.com/zootopia, i was slightly gutted, infact VERY gutted, how i didnt become a member of propaganda. you get a great magazine, and those cd's, hasta la vista, and the remix cd, i was thinking to myself, how i would love to see those kind of gifts on u2.com.................

the first one, we got a metal key chain.......................ok, still dont know what that was for, but we got a presale code.

second one was communication cd. that was pretty good. you also got a disk which you could whack on the pc.........

at this stage, u2.com won an award for best band website. all was looking good................

then it gets serious! u2 gohome and zootv, two of the rarest u2 fan club cd's. their values are out of this world. plus you got a t-shirt with gohome................(best gift yet) and a poster with zootv............

then the gifts start sliding down...........medium, rare and remastered, featured tracks we already had, plus tracks from the 2nd disk remasters. ok i still think its a pretty cool cd, but the tracks are questionable.

artificle horizon, was a real let down. the vinyl on the other hand was exciting, to open and look at. even though many of them were warped!!!! but if it was the vinyl as the gift, it would have made the fan feel a little more loved.......

now this? duals? i dont understand it! after such a big tour, new songs being played, cd rom of exclusive vids? another t-shirt with the 360 tour? it crazy! i would have even been happy with a cd version of WIDE AWAKE IN EUROPE!

i dont normally complain on here, but this is taking the piss. today i feel let down as a u2 fan.

I don't know how much attention the band pays to the web site or what goes on here but they should be embarrassed. U2 is the biggest, if not greatest, band of the past 30 years and one of the best of all time and this is how they treat their most loyal fans? I didn't renew my subscription when I saw what Artificial Horizon was and I won't be starting it back up this year.

• Subscriber

My guess is that they pay zero attention or very little . . . . . but surely there is some communication from the mods to the powers that be . . . . . unfortunately apparently no one listens!