DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

• Subscriber

Seriously annoyed...

Garbage...

The cynic in me is thinking they've just mashed this up to make $40 of every U2.com member at the least effort to the band (or management company).

But the funny thing is if they had a digital download of say an iTunes LP album of exclusive U2360 tour footage and unreleased live songs, backstage stuff etc... They would make more money as they wouldn't have to press and distribute the CD's and we'd get 'new' material and be satisfied.

Really finding myself disenchanted with the way U2 are going lately... Not even sure the band know this CD is coming out!?! Around 2004 I was so excited with the complete U2 on iTunes and the way the band seemed to be embracing new technology and music habits by teaming up with Apple...

Now it just seems they've slipped back to their old ways... Album, ridiculously big tour that takes up 3 years of their lives and only releasing stuff every 4 years.

None of the band are on Twitter, U2.com is a shambles of a website... U2 just seem to becoming more distant or something... Like they're not as bothered anymore...

I'm seriously considering NOT renewing my U2.com subscription and I never thought I'd be saying that.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm a relatively new U2 fan (but known of them for years) and do not plan on subscribing, there are better ways to spend money. Something with a live track of One with the extra verse, ('Do you hear us coming love?') or just some other new live songs (I actually wouldn't mind ones from DVDs that I already have, makes things more convenient than skipping through them if I don't have time to watch the full thing) But I have been particularly wanting a One version like that, even if it's just from U2360 At the Rose Bowl or some other DVD or a live Vertigo like the one from the DVD mentioned, loved "It's Only Rock and Roll" with it, or with Stories for Boys thrown in, or Amazing Grace with Streets, I like stuff like that.

It's embarrassing for U2 and insulting to anyone who pays to subscribe to a fan club to include album versions of a song on an "exclusive content" CD. At least the past several "exclusive" U2.com records and CDs had at least 3-4 "previously" unheard remixes of less popular songs.

And, to add insult to what essentially amounts to Femoral Dysplasia, the album artwork is...? I'm frankly flattened, deflated even, by this entire package! Now there is ZERO benefit to $50.00 membership.

The only positive to come out of this announcement (read: overwhelmingly negative experience) is that U2.com kindly sent me a reminder yesterday that my membership will expire in 30 days I hate to, but after 21 years, I am NOT renewing my U2.com membership.

Dear www.ATU2.com, thank you for being better at representing U2 than U2. Where may I send you my $50.00?

Lance A. Schart

Chicago, IL USA

*Stands and applauds*

best post i've read anywhere for ages and spot on.

• Subscriber

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

ZooTV8']It's embarrassing for U2 and insulting to anyone who pays to subscribe to a fan club to include album versions of a song on an "exclusive content" CD. At least the past several "exclusive" U2.com records and CDs had at least 3-4 "previously" unheard remixes of less popular songs.

And, to add insult to what essentially amounts to Femoral Dysplasia, the album artwork is...? I'm frankly flattened, deflated even, by this entire package! Now there is ZERO benefit to $50.00 membership.

The only positive to come out of this announcement (read: overwhelmingly negative experience) is that U2.com kindly sent me a reminder yesterday that my membership will expire in 30 days I hate to, but after 21 years, I am NOT renewing my U2.com membership.

Dear www.ATU2.com, thank you for being better at representing U2 than U2. Where may I send you my $50.00?

Lance A. Schart

Chicago, IL USA

*Stands and applauds*

best post i've read anywhere for ages and spot on.

Hi Basher, totally agree with the sentiments atu2 is more of a fanclub than this place and it's free too.  I consult @u2 on a daily basis, as they're always first with the news.

*stands and applauds the above post and @u2*

• Subscriber

when i first joined u2.com/zootopia, i was slightly gutted, infact VERY gutted, how i didnt become a member of propaganda. you get a great magazine, and those cd's, hasta la vista, and the remix cd, i was thinking to myself, how i would love to see those kind of gifts on u2.com.................

the first one, we got a metal key chain.......................ok, still dont know what that was for, but we got a presale code.

second one was communication cd. that was pretty good. you also got a disk which you could whack on the pc.........

at this stage, u2.com won an award for best band website. all was looking good................

then it gets serious! u2 gohome and zootv, two of the rarest u2 fan club cd's. their values are out of this world. plus you got a t-shirt with gohome................(best gift yet) and a poster with zootv............

then the gifts start sliding down...........medium, rare and remastered, featured tracks we already had, plus tracks from the 2nd disk remasters. ok i still think its a pretty cool cd, but the tracks are questionable.

artificle horizon, was a real let down. the vinyl on the other hand was exciting, to open and look at. even though many of them were warped!!!! but if it was the vinyl as the gift, it would have made the fan feel a little more loved.......

now this? duals? i dont understand it! after such a big tour, new songs being played, cd rom of exclusive vids? another t-shirt with the 360 tour? it crazy! i would have even been happy with a cd version of WIDE AWAKE IN EUROPE!

i dont normally complain on here, but this is taking the piss. today i feel let down as a u2 fan.

Yes yes yes yes .....YES WIDE AWAKE IN EURO CD that would have rockedpimp.gif
  • Subscriber

Not happy with the new resub CD?  Wotcha gonna do with your copy?  Throw it on to your european u2 cd mountain?  beer mat? 360 tour stage frisbee? pooper scooper?

Please post any novel and fun ideas here...............

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA......YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

On behalf of Bono Adam Larry and The Edge i would like to apologise to the subscribers of this website as once again you have just been pumped into paying good money for nothing, we wanted to give you something special because as Bono has often stated "Thanks for spending you're hard earned cash on us" yeah well no problem Bono.

The tracklisting for this cd is a total joke and i have now noticed that more folk are now signalling thier intention to not re-sub and i can't blame them.

For too long the subbers (yes i was one until May last year) Were renewing faithfully for "EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS" on U2.com things like:

Pre-sale codes....no earthly good for a stadium gig as you could buy tickets in the general sale.

"Exclusive gift".....over the last few years a cd of stuff that most if not all subbys have re-hased nonsense and the only thing of any note the artwork......also the fact that as soon as the cd's start dropping through the door you could download it online within minutes.

There is nothing now that gives the subscribers any "exclusive benefits"....full length videos....youtube.....

We all tried to say that this site was heading downwards and if truthful i would hope most folk would agree that whoever runs this site did not listen and the majority were ignored and they seem to have ignored folk at theor peril as loads of folk have not re-newed and more are saying they are not going to.

Now what will be done about this????.....probably nothing in fact it won't surprise me if this thread dissappears rapidly which is why i will put these words on Facebook the real home of  Zootops now.

*DISCLAIMER*

On no account am i actually apologising on behalf of the members of the band i am merely stating that it would be nice of them to do this for ripping loyal fans off