DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Why the long wait for the tracklisting? Has it to do with rights? Not for sorting out songs. It was definately five seconds to overthink a tracklisting like this. I'm very disappointed with this release. Too many released stuff. All the fans (members) do have most of the songs and they should get more special stuff. Just three tracks are somewhat exclusive for me. Even the choice of one of these exclusives, Stuck in a moment, is the weakest choice from the Rock'n roll hall of fame songs.mad.gif

I'm happy with the version of Sunday bloody sunday/Where the streets..

Next year Wide awake in Europe on cd plus bonus content????wink.gif Or a rip from the rosebowl dvd? This fanclub keeps disappointing.

U2 can be exclusive though, The deluxe version of Joshua tree and the demos from ATYCLB and HTTAAB are awesome.

As posted by me on a thread called u2duals cd in the general side.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA......YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

On behalf of Bono Adam Larry and The Edge i would like to apologise to the subscribers of this website as once again you have just been pumped into paying good money for nothing, we wanted to give you something special because as Bono has often stated "Thanks for spending you're hard earned cash on us" yeah well no problem Bono.

The tracklisting for this cd is a total joke and i have now noticed that more folk are now signalling thier intention to not re-sub and i can't blame them.

For too long the subbers (yes i was one until May last year) Were renewing faithfully for "EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS" on U2.com things like:

Pre-sale codes....no earthly good for a stadium gig as you could buy tickets in the general sale.

"Exclusive gift".....over the last few years a cd of stuff that most if not all subbys have re-hased nonsense and the only thing of any note the artwork......also the fact that as soon as the cd's start dropping through the door you could download it online within minutes.

There is nothing now that gives the subscribers any "exclusive benefits"....full length videos....youtube.....

We all tried to say that this site was heading downwards and if truthful i would hope most folk would agree that whoever runs this site did not listen and the majority were ignored and they seem to have ignored folk at theor peril as loads of folk have not re-newed and more are saying they are not going to.

Now what will be done about this????.....probably nothing in fact it won't surprise me if this thread dissappears rapidly which is why i will put these words on Facebook the real home of Zootops now.

*DISCLAIMER*

On no account am i actually apologising on behalf of the members of the band i am merely stating that it would be nice of them to do this for ripping loyal fans off

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

basher1 wrote:

ZooTV8']It's embarrassing for U2 and insulting to anyone who pays to subscribe to a fan club to include album versions of a song on an "exclusive content" CD. At least the past several "exclusive" U2.com records and CDs had at least 3-4 "previously" unheard remixes of less popular songs.

And, to add insult to what essentially amounts to Femoral Dysplasia, the album artwork is...? I'm frankly flattened, deflated even, by this entire package! Now there is ZERO benefit to $50.00 membership.

The only positive to come out of this announcement (read: overwhelmingly negative experience) is that U2.com kindly sent me a reminder yesterday that my membership will expire in 30 days I hate to, but after 21 years, I am NOT renewing my U2.com membership.

Dear www.ATU2.com, thank you for being better at representing U2 than U2. Where may I send you my $50.00?

Lance A. Schart

Chicago, IL USA

*Stands and applauds*

best post i've read anywhere for ages and spot on.

Hi Basher, totally agree with the sentiments atu2 is more of a fanclub than this place and it's free too.  I consult @u2 on a daily basis, as they're always first with the news.

*stands and applauds the above post and @u2*

Awright Josh long time no speak Buddy

the poster makes great points and it's really sad that he and others now feel the same as i did before i gave up on this place.

im not on @u2 suppose i should be really.....lol

I'm disappointed with this release. Too many released stuff. All the fans (members) do have most of the songs and they should get more special stuff. Just three tracks are somewhat exclusive for me. Even the choice of one of these exclusives, Stuck in a moment, is the weakest choice from the Rock'n roll hall of fame songs.

I'm happy with the version of Sunday bloody sunday/Where the streets..

Next year Wide awake in Europe on cd plus bonus content????

U2 can be exclusive though, The deluxe version of Joshua tree and the demos from ATYCLB and HTTAAB are awesome.

but it's not exclusive any music/video/pictures on here you can find and download in seconds.
  • Subscriber

As posted by me on a thread called u2duals cd in the general side.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA......YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

On behalf of Bono Adam Larry and The Edge i would like to apologise to the subscribers of this website as once again you have just been pumped into paying good money for nothing, we wanted to give you something special because as Bono has often stated "Thanks for spending you're hard earned cash on us" yeah well no problem Bono.

The tracklisting for this cd is a total joke and i have now noticed that more folk are now signalling thier intention to not re-sub and i can't blame them.

For too long the subbers (yes i was one until May last year) Were renewing faithfully for "EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS" on U2.com things like:

Pre-sale codes....no earthly good for a stadium gig as you could buy tickets in the general sale.

"Exclusive gift".....over the last few years a cd of stuff that most if not all subbys have re-hased nonsense and the only thing of any note the artwork......also the fact that as soon as the cd's start dropping through the door you could download it online within minutes.

There is nothing now that gives the subscribers any "exclusive benefits"....full length videos....youtube.....

We all tried to say that this site was heading downwards and if truthful i would hope most folk would agree that whoever runs this site did not listen and the majority were ignored and they seem to have ignored folk at theor peril as loads of folk have not re-newed and more are saying they are not going to.

Now what will be done about this????.....probably nothing in fact it won't surprise me if this thread dissappears rapidly which is why i will put these words on Facebook the real home of Zootops now.

*DISCLAIMER*

On no account am i actually apologising on behalf of the members of the band i am merely stating that it would be nice of them to do this for ripping loyal fans off

second *stands and applauses of the day* first *raises left fist in solidarity*
  • Subscriber

Very poor tracklisting for the Duals disc. I have e-mailed the site to express my disappointment, but will probably receive no reply like last time I made contact. Tempted not to renew but live in hope that next year will be better.

• Subscriber

Very poor tracklisting for the Duals disc. I have e-mailed the site to express my disappointment, but will probably receive no reply like last time I made contact. Tempted not to renew but live in hope that next year will be better.