DUALS: Official comment thread FREE SIDE (Merged)

Very poor tracklisting for the Duals disc. I have e-mailed the site to express my disappointment, but will probably receive no reply like last time I made contact. Tempted not to renew but live in hope that next year will be better.

Are you a Chicago Cubs fan? That's been our motto for decades, "there's always next year"  tongue.gif

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take all your fans for fools. Most of us are renewing all over the years to have an access to pre-sale codes when the band is touring, and for the annual gift. But this time i could say that it 's a shame !!! 40$ for a tracklisting that the majority of the fan like me has already it's a lack of respect, because like the majority of the fans, like the majority of the subscribers, i bought everything concerning the band, i don't know how much i've spent since 1989, when i've discovered the band, but i've hoped that being a subscriber, and paid 40$ for this, would have given me the opportunity to ear new tracks, new songs new feelings...you know ! but earing something that is already in my discotheque i don't consider me as a privileged...

Tonight i'm sad to discover that my favorite band is so mercantile.

Adam , Bono, Edge, Larry...Do you remember the 500£ your parents and family gave to you to bring you to the way of success... don't forget that 40$ means something for both of us

Don't take all your fans for fools. Most of us are renewing all over the years to have an access to pre-sale codes when the band is touring, and for the annual gift. But this time i could say that it 's a shame !!! 40$ for a tracklisting that the majority of the fan like me has already it's a lack of respect, because like the majority of the fans, like the majority of the subscribers, i bought everything concerning the band, i don't know how much i've spent since 1989, when i've discovered the band, but i've hoped that being a subscriber, and paid 40$ for this, would have given me the opportunity to ear new tracks, new songs new feelings...you know ! but earing something that is already in my discotheque i don't consider me as a privileged...

Tonight i'm sad to discover that my favorite band is so mercantile.

Adam , Bono, Edge, Larry...Do you remember the 500£ your parents and family gave to you to bring you to the way of success... don't forget that 40$ means something for both of us

Mangab remember Bono himself quoted "and by now you have all probably givenm us £500 so thank you"
  • Subscriber

Having duly considered the tracklisting, I can only conclude that this is probably the worst Fan Club Cd U2.com has ever produced. I give it ZERO out of Ten, and a minus figure if I could.

I have been a member of the U2 fanclub since the 1990's, this is the 8th fanclub CD. (The first was "Melon" released in 1995). This is just so, so bad. No effort at all has gone into this.

The whole sorry episode started back on August 24th 2010, when we all got an e-mail announcing the Australian & New Zealand ticket presales. Over 5 months later, we get the tracklisting, but there is no sign of the actual CD even being sent to members. So a member who signed up last August will have a 6 month minimum wait before they actually get the CD. While as a long time member I am used to this, it shows an unacceptable level of disrespect to fans, to announce this so far ahead of it's actual release date. It's a cashin to get members to join.

Not only that, to then proclaim on the u2.com news report on August 24th

http://www.u2.com/news/ti...Z_Announce&utm_term=here's+all+the+details+you+need&AID=1613

"'U2:DUALS' is a specially commissioned collection capturing U2 in collaboration with other artists over three decades "

This yet again is so far off the mark, it is beyond belief:

Some Questions:

Q. 1 Is this a collectors edition cd ? - NO, as most are easily available elsewhere.

Q. 2 Is there lots of really rare tracks on here - NO, I can only count 4 and none of them are much good.

Q. 3 Surely it is not true that 5 of the tracks are from U2 albums & singles ? YES it is true.

Some better choices would have been some of the following, which are only some of the many examples:

Robbie Robertson & U2 - two tracks recorded together and released on Robbie's 1987 album

Christy Moore & U2 - North & South Of The River.

U-Jam - Pearl Jam and some members of U2 - "Rockin In The Free World"

In short, this U2 fanclub CD is not worthy of the name, it shows a complete disrespect for fans, and even less respect for long time fans like myself.