U2 Duals: What should have been

Matkin22

• Subscriber

1. "Amazing Grace" / "Where the Streets Have No Name" (live from Pasadena) - U2 & Soweto Gospel Choir
2. "Falling at Your Feet" - Bono and Daniel Lanois
3. "Ito Okashi" - Passengers and Holi
4. "Boy Falls From the Sky" - U2 and Carney
5. "Scarlet" (live from Auckland) - U2 and Jay-Z
6. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (live from Auckland) - U2 and Jay-Z
7. "When Love Comes to Town" (live from the Kodak Theatre, 2008) - Bono, Edge, BB King and his band
8. "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)" [Hybrid Mix] - Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna
9. "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" - U2, The Dubliners, Kíla, and A Band of Bowsies
10. "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2, Mick Jagger, and Elizabeth Jagger
11. "I'm Not Your Baby" - U2 and Sinead O'Connor
12. "Slide Away" - U2 and Michael Hutchence
13. "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" - Jools Holland and Bono
14. "Yiğidim Aslanım Burda Yatıyor" (live) - U2 and Ömer Zülfü Livaneli
15. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (live, 1987) - U2 and Daniel Lanois
16. "The Wanderer" - U2 and Johnny Cash (Bono and Cash duet)

Unreleased songs are in red. No songs (with the possible exception of "Ito Okashi" if you count OS1 as a U2 album) which have been on an actual U2 release are on here. Those that have been released on other artists' albums are at least not very well known amongst most U2 fans. If you're going to include a Passengers song ,why not make it one that we haven't all heard a bajillion times before and that is available on multiple other releases? "Ito Okashi" fits the bill perfectly; and it's certainly an equal to "Miss Sarajevo". And if you plan on using "Stuck" at least do the original studio version which remains unreleased. A fair few live versions, since that is where most of their collaborations seem to take place, but none of them have been released either. "The Wanderer" includes Bono's original lyric take mixed in with Cash's vocals to create a duet in the song. "Stranded" is at least a new mix, and very few people own a legitimate copy of "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew". Not sure where the live version of "ISHFWILF" is from, but a clip of it is on the Joshua Tree Classic Albums DVD and sounds awesome, so they must have it somewhere.

It might just be me, but I think that this tracklist would have been much more satisfying to fans.