A good place to get U2 vinyl records?

TheSunAndTheMoon

• Subscriber

i got all of these for £4 today from the indoor market in my town - they aren't perfect or mint but at 50p each i am not complaining at the average-good condition!

183186_10150100579286689_711711688_6734164_7301869_n.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Moderator

i got all of these for £4 today from the indoor market in my town - they aren't perfect or mint but at 50p each i am not complaining at the average-good condition!

183186_10150100579286689_711711688_67341

That is awesome!  I love finding little treasures like that!

• Subscriber

Hey, if anyone ever sees Best of 1990-2000 on vinyl for a reasonable price, please let me know. It is currently the only album I don't have on vinyl.

I have a couple of the tracks on vinyl - but not the whole album. if i ever see it - i will let you know!!

• Community Moderator

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mich40']

Hey, if anyone ever sees Best of 1990-2000 on vinyl for a reasonable price, please let me know. It is currently the only album I don't have on vinyl.

I have a couple of the tracks on vinyl - but not the whole album. if i ever see it - i will let you know!!

Thanks!

• Subscriber

i collect u2 vinyl, and one thing i must say is.................

1. dont pay over the odds for vinyl. if its and old record really old like the 3ep for instance, you know you will have to pay BIG for that one. normally quite hard to find, but there are plenty of those floating about on ebay. if you see the price is high you know it is genuine too. but easy to find 7 inch's are not too hard to find either. you can more or less find any u2 7 inch, black, on ebay. after the zooropa era, their 7 inch's have become harder to get your hands on. but anything prior to that, you can grab a load plus 12 inchs and album on ebay. try and stay away from eil.com if you can, you can find stuff if you take the effort to look around.

2. beware of fakes. there are some people out there who make records. esp coloured. look up the single to see if it originally was released in that format, colour. if it doesnt say, then it probably looks fake. a good site is the wanderer site, which tells you which format the records were released. also use google search to make sure if you want of that single and all shape and sizes that song, album ep was released.

3. always look for bargains. there are plenty of them. good thing about ebay is they can combine, so if you find a seller who has more than one item you want, ask to combine! esp if its a u2 fan who is a seller, they will understand you are a new collector!

try also

amazon. search for records on there, you will be suprised what you might find! and for the prices too!

GOOD LUCK!

• Subscriber

i collect u2 vinyl, and one thing i must say is.................

1. dont pay over the odds for vinyl. if its and old record really old like the 3ep for instance, you know you will have to pay BIG for that one. normally quite hard to find, but there are plenty of those floating about on ebay. if you see the price is high you know it is genuine too. but easy to find 7 inch's are not too hard to find either. you can more or less find any u2 7 inch, black, on ebay. after the zooropa era, their 7 inch's have become harder to get your hands on. but anything prior to that, you can grab a load plus 12 inchs and album on ebay. try and stay away from eil.com if you can, you can find stuff if you take the effort to look around.

2. beware of fakes. there are some people out there who make records. esp coloured. look up the single to see if it originally was released in that format, colour. if it doesnt say, then it probably looks fake. a good site is the wanderer site, which tells you which format the records were released. also use google search to make sure if you want of that single and all shape and sizes that song, album ep was released.

3. always look for bargains. there are plenty of them. good thing about ebay is they can combine, so if you find a seller who has more than one item you want, ask to combine! esp if its a u2 fan who is a seller, they will understand you are a new collector!

try also

amazon. search for records on there, you will be suprised what you might find! and for the prices too!

GOOD LUCK!

my dad is a huge record collector and I remember stealing his copies of 'Record Collector' magazine and scouring the ads in the back - some great stuff to be had there. And we used to have great fun going off to record fairs together - although we never approced of each others purchases lol!