Glastonbury Festival 2011

agt

• Subscriber

So Friday U2 , Saturday Coldplay, Sunday Beyonce! *Now all officially confirmed*

The moaning has commenced: Glastonbury Official Facebook

You here so many people saying it's not about the headliners it's about the festival, but year in year out the it's the same old cods wholoop.

Have these people even been to Glastonbury or do they have nothing better to do than insult the festival for there own backwards means?

I would have thought the Issue was simple! If the headliners really bother you that much and the 100's of other things to do are not enough. Don't go and let the thousands that want to go, at least have a chance of getting a ticket.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

i must admit, the times i went before, the headline acts have become worse over the years to be honest. shame really.

glastonbury is not the best festival in the uk anymore. just look at the line ups at the other ones.

hopefully though u2 will complete the headliners this year and then they can say they played glastonbury.

• Subscriber

..............but then, thinking, glasto isnt about the main stage too. there are so many acts, artists, and other stages, and people to meet, places to go, the dance tent!!!!

there is still much more to do around the site.

• Subscriber

This year is going to be the first time I have been. And of course I want U2 to headline on the Friday night (will be handcuffing myself to the front rail at dawn if they are!) but if they don't I am still looking forwards to the whole weekend. I don't like Coldplay myself - so I won't be there seeing them, I'll be seeing someone else on another stage! The complainers really need to get a life!

• Subscriber

I've been to glastonbury many times over the years, Some years I've never even made it to the main stage there's so much other stuff to see and do and it's a great place to see bands I've never heard off before. It used to be the best festival in the world but isn't anymore, it's to comericalised now. Very family orientated and tries to please too many people. It is still an amazing experience but there are now better festivals in Europe.

I do have a ticket for this years festival and would love to see U2 there. I went last year and saw Edge play with Muse it was great. If U2 decide not to play I'll still be happy to be there.

Radiohead were one of the best headliners ever, I would love to see Editors, Elbow, Kasabian, Doves, PJHarvey there are so many............................. A weekend of music!!! John Peel stage is the place to be..

• Subscriber

I do have a ticket for this years festival and would love to see U2 there. I went last year and saw Edge play with Muse it was great. If U2 decide not to play I'll still be happy to be there.

Radiohead were one of the best headliners ever, I would love to see Editors, Elbow, Kasabian, Doves, PJHarvey there are so many............................. A weekend of music!!! John Peel stage is the place to be..

And me! good to see another Doves fan in here,my 'other' favourite band.

• Subscriber

[quote name='gibbo1968 wrote:

maggie18patchwork']

And me! good to see another Doves fan in here,my 'other' favourite band.

Saw Doves "Pounding" away at cambridge corn exchange 2009 great concert great sound..