Glastonbury Festival 2011

agt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name=BevFrance wrote:

Zhivvy]Woke up this morning and still grinning from ear to ear like the fool that i am - but i don't care!!!!!roll.gifroll.gif

face beginning to ache from the grinning!!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

peterferris8']
i must admit, the times i went before, the headline acts have become worse over the years to be honest. shame really.

glastonbury is not the best festival in the uk anymore. just look at the line ups at the other ones.

hopefully though u2 will complete the headliners this year and then they can say they played glastonbury.

Maybe that's why they're announcing the headliners in backwards order - to build up the speculation!
or they are waiting to sell out tickets, to announce the last shabby headliner to join the other two!roll.gif

I agree with your statement about Glasto not being the best UK festival anymore. I mean, look at TITP's headliners this year. Coldplay are the only bad headliner at TITP. When you've two bands as good as Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys on the headlining bill (with Pendulum and White Lies in the non-headlining parts) Coldplay loos insignificant. But U2 are Glasto's only good headliner this time. We have to hope they get good bands on the other stages!

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

peterferris8']

Maybe that's why they're announcing the headliners in backwards order - to build up the speculation!

or they are waiting to sell out tickets, to announce the last shabby headliner to join the other two!
roll.gif

I agree with your statement about Glasto not being the best UK festival anymore. I mean, look at TITP's headliners this year. Coldplay are the only bad headliner at TITP. When you've two bands as good as Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys on the headlining bill (with Pendulum and White Lies in the non-headlining parts) Coldplay loos insignificant. But U2 are Glasto's only good headliner this time. We have to hope they get good bands on the other stages!

You are confusing good headliners with headliners that you personally prefer.  Love them or hate them, U2, Coldplay AND Beyonce are streets ahead of Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys when it comes to global success and record sales... You are looking at 3 of the biggest selling bands/artists in the world right now... and thats BEFORE you factor in the rumours of other acts set to sub on the main stage... Elbow, Primal Scream and PULP - all three of them are more than capable of headlining in their own right.

Personally speaking I can't stand Coldplay and Beyonce does little for me so i'll be elsewhere Sat and Sun night - but the headlining acts are a massive scoop for Glastonbury... You won't find Beyonce, THE biggest selling female artist at present headlining any other festival... the fact I don't really like her is irrelevant really

• Subscriber

[quote name='MrsFish wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

MacFoley']or they are waiting to sell out tickets, to announce the last shabby headliner to join the other two!
roll.gif

You are confusing good headliners with headliners that you personally prefer.  Love them or hate them, U2, Coldplay AND Beyonce are streets ahead of Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys when it comes to global success and record sales... You are looking at 3 of the biggest selling bands/artists in the world right now... and thats BEFORE you factor in the rumours of other acts set to sub on the main stage... Elbow, Primal Scream and PULP - all three of them are more than capable of headlining in their own right.

Personally speaking I can't stand Coldplay and Beyonce does little for me so i'll be elsewhere Sat and Sun night - but the headlining acts are a massive scoop for Glastonbury... You won't find Beyonce, THE biggest selling female artist at present headlining any other festival... the fact I don't really like her is irrelevant really

Have Pulp been confirmed yet? Would really like to catch them live.

• Subscriber

[quote name='sazshackle wrote:

agt']So now that BB King has been announced, will love come to town?

that would be truly awesome!!

I am certain that we will be hearing it! and it is going to be amazing!