Following the middle east

mummy,

how can your perspective be neutral? are you in switzerland?

I thought a perspective was a point of view, is that correct?

so you are looking at this from a point of view then, that is neutral?

how can you be neutral, if you think we are all evil bastards?

when you say "we" who do you mean?--us humans?

Us humans are all evil bastards and corrupted by sin?

that belief is part of the foundation of christianity...

that we are all sinners, every one of us...and that no one is perfect....

try as we may, we still are corrupted by sin in our hearts...

the only way to live then, is to put away out evil bastard selves, mummy, and to put on christ....

I love you mummy.

Hi Spicy,

A perspective can also be a way of regarding a situation.  My way of regarding the Libyan situation is from a neutral stance.  I am from a neutral country (Republic of Ireland) and I have no allegiance to any militarily active country. Therefore, I am looking at this situation going on in Libya from a neutral perspective.

In this regard I can say all warring countries are "evil bastards".

I don't think I said "we".  I think I said "you".

We might be corrupted by sin in our hearts spicy, but that doesn't give us licence to kill humans, regardless the justification.  Christians believe in Jesus' words:  do unto others as you would like them do unto you.  

I don't see how a "christian" country can justify nuking a country and still call themselves "christian".... unless of course you would like others to nuke you (do unto others as you would like them do unto you).

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ( correct me if I'm wrong ) when you say "sometimes people are just so ludicrously ridiculous it is hard to resist"...you are talking about me.

"The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold DEAR !!!! "

PS: I'm really glad you feel good being snarky, I don't know how it feels, maybe you can teach me

LMAO.  I forgot how much I loved you and your humor!
  • Subscriber

[quote name='security_in_anonymity wrote:

nikki1120 wrote:

security_in_anonymity']Oh look! It is the Argentinian girl who thinks the US knocked down its own buildings on 9/11 so that it could go to war in Iraq and steal its oil. LOL!

Yay! We have a REAL authority in the house now!

necessary to be so snarky?? 

Oh, probably not necessary, but sometimes people are just so ludicrously ridiculous it is hard to resist.  
Besides, it feels good wink.gif 

I think I have only allowed myself to snark maybe three times in the whole of my life--maybe twice, actually.  Generally, I don't care for sarcasm.  But it is a great way to articulate how little respect one has for  another.  And, this 9/11 conspiracy that the US knocked down its own buildings so that it could go to war for oil,  is just so profoundly stupid, that I cannot avoid snarking at the people who buy into and spread this poison. If I were not such a nice and reasonable person, I would probably do a lot worse than just snark.

i count twice just on this page......  ohwell.gif

I think that big corporations and goverments are in the kitchen, that's ok because they own the restaurant. We are the clients of the restaurant, we just seat at the tables and eat what they give us. They make us think we are free to choose, giving us a menu with some options. At the end we will never know what they are cooking, we are not alowed to get inside the kitchen.

I love this analogy nazhira.  Well thought out! wink.gif

P.S. - Ignore SIA's nasty comments.  She's quite volatile when others don't agree with her point of view.  But then again, she also thinks there is a conspiracy going on where certain individuals connected with U2 are out to ruin her.  Yet she spends hours on U2.com.  Basically, she's somewhat unstable.  She's like an atom bomb that needs to be dismantled before it goes off!

[quote name='mummy wrote:

nazhira'] I think that big corporations and goverments are in the kitchen, that's ok because they own the restaurant. We are the clients of the restaurant, we just seat at the tables and eat what they give us. They make us think we are free to choose, giving us a menu with some options. At the end we will never know what they are cooking, we are not alowed to get inside the kitchen.

I love this analogy nazhira.  Well thought out! wink.gif

P.S. - Ignore SIA's nasty comments.  She's quite volatile when others don't agree with her point of view.  But then again, she also thinks there is a conspiracy going on where certain individuals connected with U2 are out to ruin her.  Yet she spends hours on U2.com.  Basically, she's somewhat unstable.  She's like an atom bomb that needs to be dismantled before it goes off!
LOL. Case closed !!!! I like about you, that you have all the data, really giving information !!!! Hope you are doing well in my dear 2nd country, Ireland !!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

mummy wrote:

nazhira'] I think that big corporations and goverments are in the kitchen, that's ok because they own the restaurant. We are the clients of the restaurant, we just seat at the tables and eat what they give us. They make us think we are free to choose, giving us a menu with some options. At the end we will never know what they are cooking, we are not alowed to get inside the kitchen.

I love this analogy nazhira.  Well thought out! 
wink.gif

LOL. Case closed !!!! I like about you, that you have all the data, really giving information !!!! Hope you are doing well in my dear 2nd country, Ireland !!!!

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

All well over here with me Naz.  The country itself is struggling.  Taxes are up, employment is down, and banks are still being given money and taking money from us (both through tax and upping interest rates).  But sure that is a subject I could talk about for years!tongue.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

nazhira']

All well over here with me Naz.  The country itself is struggling.  Taxes are up, employment is down, and banks are still being given money and taking money from us (both through tax and upping interest rates).  But sure that is a subject I could talk about for years!tongue.gif

Same thing happend to my country. But with new goverment things are really changing. The problem is support the adjustmet policy, we've done the same in the past and it's the worst thing to do. That's the important thing about being a free country. We didn't apply to ALCA, and it's an issue that US goverment don't like ( I'm talking about the goverment, not the people, please, don't missquote me ). I talked about this a lot refering to the "Breathe" lyrics meaning. The economic system is ridiculous. You are right, we can talk about for ages, but there's a way out. The whole problem is IMF. If you want I can send you some info about what Argentina managed with the crisis.

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

security_in_anonymity wrote:

nikki1120']necessary to be so snarky?? 

Oh, probably not
necessary
, but sometimes people are just so ludicrously ridiculous it is hard to resist.  
Besides, it feels good
wink.gif

I think I have only allowed myself to snark maybe three times in the whole of my life--maybe twice, actually.
 Generally, I don't care for sarcasm.  But it is a great way to articulate how little respect one has for  another.  And, this 9/11 conspiracy that the US knocked down its own buildings so that it could go to war for oil,  is just so profoundly stupid, that I cannot avoid snarking at the people who buy into and spread this poison. If I were not such a nice and reasonable person, I would probably do a lot worse than just snark.

i count twice just on this page......  ohwell.gif

You are doing well with the maths !

happy.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

nazhira wrote:

mummy']

I love this analogy nazhira.  Well thought out! 
wink.gif

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifU2!!!