Info given by U2.com

bonosleftnipple

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I gave up my 28 year membership to U2.com this year. Propaganda was a great fan club. U2.com has always been a kick in the ass to the fans. Duals is a joke gift for the true fans. NLOTH really disappointed me anyway. This band hyped the album to the max long before the release and that's never been done before by U2. I knew something was different. They seem to be trying too hard now to be famous. Releasing Boots as the first single was really hard to swallow. And this 360 tour seems to be going on without end! Why?? It's so disappointing to lose love for my band... but I just can't take it all anymore. The music doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the almighty dollar.

I gave up my 28 year membership to U2.com this year. Propaganda was a great fan club. U2.com has always been a kick in the ass to the fans. Duals is a joke gift for the true fans. NLOTH really disappointed me anyway. This band hyped the album to the max long before the release and that's never been done before by U2. I knew something was different. They seem to be trying too hard now to be famous. Releasing Boots as the first single was really hard to swallow. And this 360 tour seems to be going on without end! Why?? It's so disappointing to lose love for my band... but I just can't take it all anymore. The music doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the almighty dollar.

what has no line got to do with the fanclub?

• Subscriber

Why this is bullshit.......

"Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it.  Are you guys freaking serious????  Anyone who remotely calls themself a fan owns most of those tracks.  Really if it took that much effort to pick 15 tunes off the "u" section of your iTunes and come up with a crappy cover on Photoshop, then it's fair to say a new career is in order.

And it's fair to say that if you've been following the band continually since the very early days, translation -  you know, actual U2 fans....  you might have collected these tracks, but for everyone else  translation - people who couldn't give any kind of a stuff about U2, wouldn't pay the money to join this club and have probably downloaded all these songs for free on a torrent, there's some great music here and we're glad to hear you're looking forward to receiving the CD."

Thanks for the reply, but come on U2.com team, read it back to yourselves from the point of view of a fee paying punter.

Did you do it?

Now that reply is pretty feckin weak isn't it?  You really need to try harder don't you?

Don't you???

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Dan']I gave up my 28 year membership to U2.com this year. Propaganda was a great fan club. U2.com has always been a kick in the ass to the fans. Duals is a joke gift for the true fans. NLOTH really disappointed me anyway. This band hyped the album to the max long before the release and that's never been done before by U2. I knew something was different. They seem to be trying too hard now to be famous. Releasing Boots as the first single was really hard to swallow. And this 360 tour seems to be going on without end! Why?? It's so disappointing to lose love for my band... but I just can't take it all anymore. The music doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the almighty dollar.

and whats with 'this tour seems to be goin on without end'?! whats it harming you if u2 decided to tour 3 years in a row?! i hoped they would end 360° with another european tour. if you're fed up with it, then don come! more chance for the rest to get tix!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

clapton is god']"We see that some fans are unhappy with the service at U2.com, we take the point"

some .....Really  just  *some* fans  lol.

petitions topic, duels topic, press coverage, yup just *some* fans !

Yeah, I picked up on that too. Right just some fans. More like MOST fans. This place is losing more and more paid members everyday. 

Yep, I saw that and giggled . . . . hope that they open their eyes soon while they still have subscribers here!Would be nice, though I wouldn't hold my breath. It's sad but people have pretty much given up on this place improving any.

• Subscriber

[quote name='wahine wrote:

josh1593']Actually they did bring us a live feed with excellent audio of the concert, so check you information before talking.

WE TAKE 1 TO 2 YEARS TO TALK, BUT IT TAKE US A WHOLE LIFE TO LEARN TO SHUT.

I did not listen through U2.com I was direct on the radio station and it was EXCELLENT! Had nothing to do with U2.com unless maybe they footed some cash their way but that station got more exposure than probably any station that day. I gave up my membership a long, long time ago. It was a waste of money especially if the band was not touring.Thank you wahine for confirming the thead smile.gif