MAXI?

scout6

Who the frack coined the term maxi-dress? I hate that. It's a sun dress that is now forever associated with maxi pads and menstruation.

WHAT was wrong with "sun dress" which we all wore in the late 70s and early 80s??? They look the same.

SUN DRESS people.

maxi ... dumb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

If you instantly equate the prefix maxi with menstruation, causing you to fly into a rage, then you have some serious social problems.

I imagine had you have lived in ancient Greece, you would have punched anyone in the face if they dared descibe something as large!

Seriously, who the frack decided to call it a "mini-skirt"??????  Seriously it's a short skirt, which is now forever asscosciated with Mickey Mouse's girlfriend and small European hatch-backs! laugh.gif

WTF?

I wasn't in a rage. I just think it's stupid.

Mini is too but at least there aren't commercials every 5 minutes for mini pads.

But beyond that I don't understand why they had to rename a sun dress. There was nothing wrong with sun dress. Why reinvent the wheel?

Simply observing something in popular fashion that I think is silly.

• Subscriber
WTF?

I wasn't in a rage. I just think it's stupid.

Mini is too but at least there aren't commercials every 5 minutes for mini pads.

But beyond that I don't understand why they had to rename a sun dress. There was nothing wrong with sun dress. Why reinvent the wheel?

Simply observing something in popular fashion that I think is silly.

Simply observing a post on the forum we come to and having a joke with the OP. 

Mini and maxi are the standard prefixes for small and large no?

ha ha ha ha ha. i have similar thought about lots of things especially the renaming of stuff. when i lived in norway we had "rAIDERS" with a line underneath saying "internationally known as twix!" so why not call it twix if you are going to go to the trouble of printing twix on it as well? or dont tell everyone its sometimes called twix. i like raider on its own merits its not going to taste different because it s sometime s called twix?! omgosh i need to lie down

Do Norwegians have a hard time saying Twix? Were does Raiders come from? They don't even sound related ... oh good grief, now I need to lie down. Are you talking about the chocolate bar Twix? I like those ... and SUN DRESSES. In fact, I might wear a maxi and eat a Raider this summer.

oh

wait ... sh*t. ;)

• Subscriber

Raiders?????? Wtf?????? What's wrong with Twix . . . . . ummmmm, wanting chocolate now, lol. I had such a wonderful day watching my son play his first baseball game of the season. The sun was shining, bright, clear blue sky, snow capped mountains in the background!!!!! I wore a SUNDRESS which was neither maxi nor mini in length and all was right with the world!!! tongue.gif