Response to info given by U2.com (FREE SIDE) merged

thetak1

I've read the letter from the U2.com team, but I think they're kinda missing the point. First of all, they said that many people haven't been following the band closely and would love U2:DUALS, but the people IN THE FANCLUB are die-hards.

And what we really want is more contact with the band. They aren't involved in the site at all. We want blogs from the band members, we want the band members to join in forums and answer questions! that's it

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Downloading a show for paying members, would be so nice (as I know that every show is taped audio and video, it should be nice that each member can download 1 or shows of his/her choice).

You are correct, duals is for "new" fans interesting but for the real fans (fans since many and many years) this cd has no extra value.

Hearing from the guys would be nice... but I understand they are very busy.

U2.com just make sure that for paying subscribers the free gift is really something worth having... really exclusive. Maybe worth thinking about... members who are several years a paying member of u2.com get something really exclusive, new members get duals cd,...

• Subscriber
I've read the letter from the U2.com team, but I think they're kinda missing the point. First of all, they said that many people haven't been following the band closely and would love U2:DUALS, but the people IN THE FANCLUB are die-hards.

And what we really want is more contact with the band. They aren't involved in the site at all. We want blogs from the band members, we want the band members to join in forums and answer questions! that's it

I couldn't agree more.

They missed the point so hard, by stating they were surprised about our disappionment with Duals after all the hard work they put in.

And it's almost like they're telling us we are "too big" of fans, by already owning these widely released tracks.

For feck's sake, who is more important as customers, hard-core and long-term fans, or some casual nobody who thinks getting Love Comes To Town on a $50 CD is exciting?

If they can't see why the Duals tracklist is an insult, then I fear that there is no hope for this club.

Seriously, IMO, a drunk monkey who'd read about U2 once or twice in a tabloid could have put a better compilation

than this one.

Whether they feel the need to save face, fine. At least they had the gumption to post a reply.

But we'd all just appreciate if they'd admit it.

Duels is a steaming pile, and this fanclub is an absolute rort.

• Subscriber

Why this is bullshit.......

"Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it.  Are you guys freaking serious????  Anyone who remotely calls themself a fan owns most of those tracks.  Really if it took that much effort to pick 15 tunes off the "u" section of your iTunes and come up with a crappy cover on Photoshop, then it's fair to say a new career is in order.

And it's fair to say that if you've been following the band continually since the very early days, translation -  you know, actual U2 fans....  you might have collected these tracks, but for everyone else  translation - people who couldn't give any kind of a stuff about U2, wouldn't pay the money to join this club and have probably downloaded all these songs for free on a torrent, there's some great music here and we're glad to hear you're looking forward to receiving the CD."

Thanks for the reply, but come on U2.com team, read it back to yourselves from the point of view of a fee paying punter.

Did you do it?

Now that reply is pretty feckin weak isn't it?  You really need to try harder don't you?

Don't you???

• Subscriber

In this day and age, not being able to download live shows is a travesty. Seriously, I'd pay $100 a year if only I could have access to past live shows. We all get the bootlegs anyway, why not do something cool and release "official" live shows?

Edit :  Oh, and U2.com should have actual news first.  I never check U2.com.  I'm always at @U2 or U2 Tour Fans to get all the latest news.  Why does U2.com seem to have the news last?

• Subscriber

" . . . . we're going to investigate all of your concerns, including customer service . . . ."

People have complained for YEARS about the barely existent customer service, at least since the Vertigo Zoo when I joined and probably long before that, so it's very nice to hear that our voices have been heard and they are now, years and years later, getting around to investigating that!!!! Boy, if they moved any faster, well, never mind.

• Subscriber

The ONLY reason the site is now puttng out any type of response as crappy as it was, is because it has reached the media level. So NOW they are going to respond as if we haven't been trying to bring this to their attention for about 3 years now. They act so surprised at our disdainment of this place. They aren't surprised at all behind the scenes...they just didn't care because who are we?? We are just the peon fans.

Just like when Tiger Woods and any other celebrity gets caught with their pants down...once it reaches the media outlets they somehow acknowledge the error of their ways...is it because some lightbulb went off and they decided to make it better...?? Nope, it is because they got caught and public perception is so important.