U2/Glasonbury Warning

Janette B

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I read this article Janette - made me laugh a bit! I understand about them being the biggest band in the world - deservedly!!!! But people know that Glastonbury is stripping it back and it is the music which makes the set! I wonder if they wanted to bring some big screens lol!!!

As much as I love the claw and hoping that I will be standing under it again one day soon! I cannot wait to see just the four of them on the pyramid stage blasting out a greatest hits setlist (which is what they have hinted at) and blowing the crowd away and making the doubter and the criticisers eat their hats! They are going to be the best thing that Glastonbury has ever seen. Four men with huge passion for their music and that music coming from their souls is going to be so amazing. And beside the obligatory bucket I will be packing lots of tissues as I can see it being an emotional night!

Coldplay are not going to do a greatest hits show. U2 need to be way more adventurous to captivate a Glasto crowd. Seriously. They need to step it up big time and NOT play the greatest hits. Coldplay will not show mercy. And neitrher will a lot of the non-headliners. And if James, Editors, Keane, White Lies show up even more of a raising of the bar will occur. Just saying.

• Subscriber

Seriously if you have tickets for these shows, you are so very lucky. U2 and Coldplay! Wow.

'if you have tickets for these shows,  you are so very lucky' you say LAWoman! Now who has tickets............ let's think........MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

U2LAWoman']Seriously if you have tickets for these shows, you are so very lucky. U2 and Coldplay! Wow.

'if you have tickets for these shows,  you are so very lucky' you say LAWoman! Now who has tickets............ let's think........MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

There you go showing off again, just because your going and no one else is.......................................................

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

U2LAWoman']Seriously if you have tickets for these shows, you are so very lucky. U2 and Coldplay! Wow.

There you go showing off again, just because your going and no one else is.......................................................And where will you be that weekend????? in Somerset too I think! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

• Subscriber

I could be wrong, but my first impression was that the article was kind of a cheap swipe at U2, hinting that they needed the big effects to be good, and having to be "warned" that they could not rely on that during this concert.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 222222222222222222222222222222