• Subscriber

Hi all,

I cant sleep just thinking about how I am going to do to get a good GA spot in Baltimore!

It's my first time at GA, I dont know what is the best time to arrive or what can we bring...If you have some tips to share, please do so. I would like to have a great GA experience and I am a little lost in how to proceed. I am pretty sure that a whole day in line will be a must do thing but , will the parking lots be available at that time? I have a B lot tix...

What about hotels? Maybe somebody from Baltimore could share the best area in town to reserve a room before the concert. Close to the M&T would be well accepted.

Thanks in advance to all of you

It will be a GREAT help if you can answer those "simple" questions. I wanna it to be perfect!

JM

Follow us at U2Baltimore2011 on Facebook!

0.jpg

• Subscriber

If you have access to the paid side of the forums I highly suggest you read Joe's Unofficial Guide to the U2 General Admission Queue: http://community.u2.com/topic/6739

My other suggestion from personal experience, watch where you walk. I hit some uneven ground while waiting in a GA line and fell and broke my ankle. So be careful out there and have fun!

• Subscriber

One thing I will say - is it is hard work, tiring etc... expect aching muscles the next day if you are there from the early hours. But it is so much fun too - you get to meet some great people to share the whole experience with. I enjoy the queueing and the waiting etc... almost as much as the show!

• Subscriber

Thank you for replying!

I just read everything in the Blog and now I am feeling more and more excited about it! GA is the place where all U2 fans needs to be at least once!

Thanks for sharing

JM

• Subscriber

Hi!!! You will certainly have a good time!!! Get there early (very early) since you're going to a US show - not sure why, but it seems that we like to line up way earlier than they do in Europe and that's so unfair, lol!

• Subscriber

Hi!!! You will certainly have a good time!!! Get there early (very early) since you're going to a US show - not sure why, but it seems that we like to line up way earlier than they do in Europe and that's so unfair, lol!

What time do you start in US Janette?

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']Hi!!! You will certainly have a good time!!! Get there early (very early) since you're going to a US show - not sure why, but it seems that we like to line up way earlier than they do in Europe and that's so unfair, lol!

I think we left for the Rose Bowl about 1 am and I was among the beginnings of the  line - it started getting crowded between about 3 am on. We got in line around 4 am in Hawaii during Vertigo and we weren't even in the first pen, but still got on the rail, barely.  

• Subscriber

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']Hi!!! You will certainly have a good time!!! Get there early (very early) since you're going to a US show - not sure why, but it seems that we like to line up way earlier than they do in Europe and that's so unfair, lol!

I think we left for the Rose Bowl about 1 am and I was among the beginnings of the  line - it started getting crowded between about 3 am on. We got in line around 4 am in Hawaii during Vertigo and we weren't even in the first pen, but still got on the rail, barely.  Europe in general seems to be from dawn or just before - but always a few who have been there since the previous day. Spain seems to be where they queue for days on end. I heard that South America is days before.

• Subscriber

I've heard that S. America is completely nuts, but I guess it's because they don't go there that often and demand is huge. There were tons of problems selling tickets during Vertigo - computers crashing, etc., then when everything was up again, it was sold out and lots of fans had no tickets. I imagine that those that had tickets wanted to make damn sure they had a good spot.

• Subscriber

I've heard that S. America is completely nuts, but I guess it's because they don't go there that often and demand is huge. There were tons of problems selling tickets during Vertigo - computers crashing, etc., then when everything was up again, it was sold out and lots of fans had no tickets. I imagine that those that had tickets wanted to make damn sure they had a good spot.

I don't blame them for being there so early - I would too if i needed too!